Ive got my...

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
Booking in appointment today! The midwife called me last night to make an appointment and she said she had one for today, you usually have to wait until about 8 weeks. I'm glad though because I've got pains in my side and I'm now worrying about ectopic. I might see if I can get an early scan. I'm really nervous!

It all went ok, she just asked me loads of questions and explained the care and scan and tests I will get during pregnancy and gave me a pack with leaflet and books about pregnancy and there are vouchers for a bounty pack and another pack which I got right excited about lol. I asked her about the pains and she said aslong theres no bleeding try not to worry, easier said than done though.

She has estimated my due date as 22 july which would make me 6 weeks 3 days, but she based that on a 28 day cycle and mine arent always 28 days, thats why I came up with the 25th of july instead, should I go by what she says or stick to my estimate?

I'd personally stick to your estimates. I'm not a 28 day either and everything and everybody assumed I was such as midwife who put me at 3 - 4 weeks pregnant and the tickers also did the same but then the bbc one I think it is put me at the correct stage of 5 weeks because that one asks your cycle lenthgs and mine average on 24 days so I then played with my ticker to match it up with ME and not your typical woman of 28 days. You know your body best so go with your average cycle. Mycycle.com is really good at sussing that one out for you. I always used to think there was something wrong with me as my periods always seemed so near together but actually no i'm just one of those with short cycles. I know mycycle.com won't be of much use to you now as you're pregnant but you might find it very useful in the future.

Thank's, I did tell her I wasnt a typical 28 dayer but she didnt seem interested. I guess I will have to find out at my 12 week scan.

Oh she weighed me and it turns out my scales are 6lbs out, so I weigh 6lbs more than I thought, gutted :( Oh well I've still lost the same amount of weight havent I? because that would mean my starting weight was more.

She also took my blood pressure and it was 110, is that good?

I've got to go back next week for blood test and take a urine sample.

I think it's staring to sink in now.

Well mine when she did mine was 110 over 62 and she said that was good so i'm presuming yours is good as well but to be honest I don't know but then if it wsnt they would have said so stop worrying and enjoy the pregnancy.

LOL I am a worrier. I will try to relax abit now though.

Hi

I think we all worry throughout the pregnancy, it doesnt stop when you get to your 1st scan or u hear the babys heartbeat, you continue to worry. Well thats what I've found out anyway.

I'm worrying here myself and thats mainly because I had a big bleed with clots and pains with Joanna and although she was born healthy and full term i'm still worrying with this pregnancy that it's going to happen again. I'm that worried that since finding out i'm really pregnant I havent had sex once because i'm scared that if I do i'll start bleeding but I really cannot starv my dear husband of sex for the next 8 months and lets be fair it'll be longer than that because I for one do not have sex straight after giving birth.

It's ok to worry but try and not let it rule and ruin the rest of your pregnancy.

april

Stick to your dates - my cycle is 34 days normally and the doctor didn't take this into consideration and put me forward a week from what I thought.

Then when I went for a scan I got put back a week - to what I thought in the first place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back