Sharp right-sided pains

kanga86

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it was normal to get crampy and stabbing pains only on one side? I have had pains around my ovaries since ov, but the last couple of days its feels worse. Not really getting cramps on my other side or central down there just on the right.

I am worried about ectopic pregnancy or is this too early to think of these symptoms at 4+1 weeks? I haven't got any shoudler pain or bleeding that is linked with ectopic pregnancies! should I phone the docs tomorrow? xx

I have no experience of this so I can't be much help but I think if the pain is bothering you you should probably call the doc just to be on the safe side. Xxxx

The pains I experienced over past couple weeks were quite sore at times and sometimes very sharp stabbing like pains on right side only. I looked up ectopic preg symptoms too! They went away after 2days max. Now I don't get so wound up about every single little twinge and pain cos I know it's just all the stretching going on. As long as no bleeding you should be totally fine. Little roo digging in comfy! Phone docs in morning to put you mind at ease if you think you need a bit more reassurance xxx

its just your body getting used to having a baby growing inside it hun I had it with first and had the pains your on about with this one don't worry x

Ok thank u guys, I am just totally freaking out over anything new. I didn't get any pains last time so it's all new. So glad I can get advice from everyone on here xx

Hey hun, I've had some sharp pains and cramps, but I was expecting those after reading it's pretty common on here. I saw the doctor today and he was very sweet and said any issues just give them a shout so it won;t hurt to call them and put your mind at rest xxx

hi hun i had this too at about 4 weeks along and i though mine was etopic aswell think its just bubs bedding in ive read that they can still be bedding in upto 5 weeks! dont quote me tho just someting i read on internet when i was having them but it made me feel better to know bubs was getting proper comfy :)

hope its nothing Kanga, thought I'd stick my head in here to see how you were doing! Got any symptoms yet? So excited of ryou and everything crossed xxx

Last edited:
Im sure I remember getting these with my son I went in hospital after doctor not being sure then they scanned and was just my body adapting for baby :) xx

hope its nothing Kanga, thought I'd stick my head in here to see how you were doing! Got any symptoms yet? So excited of ryou and everything crossed xxx

Hey dysco I'm doing good, not got many symptoms that I know of. Just the crampy stabbing pains and tired. Just trying to take it easy and chill out about all of it. Although I am still doing a cheapie hpt test everyday :) xx

I had random stretching pains and was told not to worry by the triage midwife. Give them a ring if you are worried love but please try not to drive yourself mad with worry, you need to relax as much as possible xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am feeling alot better about the pains today, also seem to be getting pains on my left side now too. So I was just panicking for no reason :) Thank u for all the advice, really appreciate it. Not going to phone the doctors til I am further on more arond 6 weeks xx

I had these at 6 weeks. I went to A&E cos the pain took my breath away. That was on a Sunday evening, they then booked me in for an early pregnancy scan first thing the next day. All was fine. There was no real reasoning behind the pains so they put it down to the pregnancy hormones etc. If it gets really bad then I would try doing the same or just going straight to EPU. But glad to read that it seems to be easing up. :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back