Help with girls name... I'm being fussy

I'd never name a baby Annie (although they would probably get it if they were called Anne) wouldn't chose Anne either as a name because my grandma is Anne, and they would I get "little Annie". I like Anna but I thinkn Anne is old lady sounding.

I only have 1 other, his name is Luke John Steven

My friend has a little girl called Nancy?

This was my super long list for girls!

Scarlett
Florence
Eva
Ellie
Lena
Lexi
Ivy
Amelia (Millie)
Isla
Tilly / Tillie
Taylor
Freya
Isabelle (Izzy)
Francesca (Fran)
Aida
Penny
Alyssa
Evangeline
Annie
Elodie
Connie
Paige
Darcy
Brooke
Marcie
Sophia
Louisa
Fearne
Daisy
Evelina
Phoebe
Amelie
Evie
Mia

Although I don't think any of those will fit the bill either, sorry to not be of more help! xx

This was my list if it was a girl:
Harriet, Winter, Abigail,Shania,Grace,Charlie, Franchesca,Jennifer, Kayla, Kayleigh, katy, Lana, Maxine, Natalie,Phoebe, Phoenix, Roseanne, Saffron, Indigo, Imogen, Violet, Fiona, Olivia, Penelope, Evelyn, Sienna, Caterina, Alexa, Lily-Rae. Xx

Our girls list was Alexis (which we went with), Caitlyn, Naomi, and Felicity

What about, Leigh-anne/lee-anne, rose-anne, jo-anne. First names with the name anne in it x then middle name marie

Last edited:
Def not Leanne of any format / I went to school withy Leanne and she made my life a living hell.

Joanne is too close to my name (Joanna)! I'm not a fan on hyphenated names.

I know that we're just going to settle in a name a don't even like :( girls names are bloody hard!

My boys name would have been Jacob or Alexander, but don't like the shortening Alex on s girl.

I suggested estelle to hubby as my son keeps pointing to me and saying "star! Sista star!" But he gave no response lol

So the list is Eleanor and Jennifer, possible RAchel. I love thee name Louisa but that's apparently awful (I don't like Louise)

Last edited:
My girls are Madison and Erraid (Eh-rid), it is a small scottish island.

Other names we considered for girls are Lucy, Cora, Isla, Elsa, Marnie, Emily, Emma.

Girls names are so hard x

It was the other way around for me I found finding a boys name so much harder than a girls name! Saying that I am glad I had a gorgeous little boy as I now don't like the name I would have called him had he been a girl

I feel your pain, we really struggled with girls names, boys - no problem but girls were a nightmare. I also suddenly realised I hated all girls names and the irony was I was really excited about potentially naming a girl (we were team yellow). in the end the best we could do was have a short list, but when our little pink princess was born she did't suit any of our shortlist! We took 24 hours to decide and drove our families insane but we chose Annabelle. Thought I'd put it out there as you'd mentioned wanting a link to Anne. We call her Belle and Annabelle and people always comment how pretty it is. Anyway good luck and just thought I'd put it out there :) xxx

My friend is Eleanor she gets called ellie or elle.

How about Scarlett.

I dont like it, but it seems to fit with the names people are suggesting.

Girls are hard I had 3 poss girl names none agreed thank god we had a boy. I had loads for a boy.

xxxx

My mum absolutely loathes the name Annabelle- I quite like it. So that's s no. I think scarlet is s nice nene but wouldn't personally use it.

So far we kinda agree on Eleanor, Jennifer, Lucy (although I like Lucia) and I'm still pushing for Anna lol

Last edited:
Stand your ground hun :p

We had a short list of boys name and I says how about Jackson and OH just agreed and that was it, so Ive already says next time round I wanna try out a few names and not just decide. Of course I still got a name I liked but I felt there wasnt much of a back and forward about it...

xxxx

The only things is that someone I know (not close or anything has a Lucy.

I really wanted cecelia but hubby is just not even entertaining it

Cecelia is nice, reminds me of an old southern name. I think the lady in skeleton key might have been called Cecile and thats where Im getting that from :p

It also reminds me of the name Ciceley, theres a girl Ciceley who I work with, its pretty.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back