Help with girls name... I'm being fussy

We have a
Amy, nor allowed jemima (grandmother would do summer saults on her grave as it was her miners name whom
She hated) tabby doesn't sound like a baby name (sorry - my nana had a cat called tabby) daisy is a no go (hate it) phoebe is taken Chloe is another name I hate Kimberly isn't good for
Me either. I
Liked Jennifer last time but I've gone off it bur
Might come back to it

What about rosie?! I have a Rosie and I like that she can be rose when she is older if she prefers a more mature sounding name!

Ps - won't be offended if you don't like!! X

And I also love Harriet (Hattie is a gorgeous nickname!)

I have Jennifer in my name.. but do you like Genevieve, still can shorten the same as Jennifer's. I also like Vivian/Vivienne too.

Annalise incorporates 'Anne' for your grandma...

Hope you find the right one soon :)

I'm not keen on Rosie tbh, no offence it's one of hair names that I think is a sweet name but can't imagined daughter being if that makes sense.harriet is nice actually

Annalise just doesn't sit with me

I hate the shortening viv for Vivienne, so that's
A definite no.

Boys names are so much easier! I wanted cecelia be hubby is a firm FIRM no on it :( and cecelia wash dream girls name

I like Bridget until
My mum said "Bridget the midget" - she's ever so helpful lol

Last edited:
We have a heather and Hannah is meh lol

I think that Eleanor is winning although my my mum pronounced it Elaine-a and I don't like that - prefer it like Ellen-or

Our daughter is called Eleanor. At almost 4 (her birthday is in Feb) she's just expressed a preference for "Eleanor" rather than "Ellie" or "Ella"! We pronounce it Elen-a rather than Elen-or, but several people (including her ballet teacher) pronounce it Eleanor. Obviously it can be pronounced both ways, I don't mind either, although it does confuse our daughter! Loved our choice when she was born and still love it now. She is Eleanor Sophie.

I meant more that I don't like it pronounce Elaine-or, Ellen-or is fine but Elaine is a totally different name and one I don't like.

Hubby suggested Helena but we have a Helen in the family so it's out I guess

Arabella, Gabrielle/Gabriella, Cadie, Tilly/Matilda, Darcie, Felicity.

My daughter doesn't like any of the names I picked either. She wants Lily or Emily for a girl lol. I'm not keen on either.

Actually, I'd consider Lily as a middle name, but I don't want something really girly for a first name and prefer names that can be either for a girl or a boy... but my DD vetoes them all LOL. It's worse than trying to agree with a partner! Haha

We've been through just about all the ones listed too.

I think I'm going to be choosing once s/he is born and going with what I think suits, regardless of whether the kids like it lol.

I think o hate all names in existence lol

I lv e of fashioned names like iris, Ida, Clara, Edith it's really tough

Harriet (Hattie)
Juliet (Etta)
Marianne (Mary-Anne combo)
Delilah (Dee / Della/ Elli/ Ella / Lila/ Lilah)
Catherine /Katherine (Kate / Kat / Katie)
Joanna/ Joanne/ Johanna
Abigail
Esther
Martha
Madelaine/ Madeleine/ Madeline/ Magdalena

Alternatively, my mother always says she wishes she had named myself and my brother 'Sitdown & Bequiet'

Personally I like Elizabeth Anne-Marie as a name, but since that's my name I'm bias lol. The girls names I have picked out so far are Caitlyn and Katherine.

I liked Caitlyn but then someone reminded me sbout the karma shuns and quickly went off it lol. There's some names I like until they are shortened s d then I hate them.

A lot of names are nice but just dine sound like something I'd call my daughter

I have an Eleanor Daisy (Ella) and a Catherine Isobelle (Kate) and also a Zara Louise. All very traditional :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back