Help with girls name... I'm being fussy

Jojo84

Reaction score
We Found out this week we are expecting a little girl!
We are totally stuck for names. Anna and Eleanor are on the list but nothing has blown us away yet so suggest things?

I don't like names that are in heir short form (eg- Eleanor, not Ellie) and I don't like names that are too modern or sound like old ladies (Edith etc.)

So traditional and pretty, also without too many s sounds. I want to have Anne and a Marie/Maria/mary into it but I don't like these as first names. Middle name is likely mary-Anne

We're fussy lol

It's a nice name but my cousin just had a little girl called Charlotte, plus I
Like to stay away from names that are very popular. (Popular is ok but o k ow loads of babies called Charlotte around)

Amelia or Amelie
Emily
Jessica
Holly
Hannah
Ciara/Kiera
Lilian
Laura/Lauren
Natalie
Rebecca

Nothing jumping out :( we already have an Amelia, Emily, Jessica, Hannah, Lillian and a Laura in the family
Lol loads of girls names already taken. My fave was Olivia but my best friend called her daughter that.

My current favorite girl's name is Matilda xx

My brothers rabbit is called Matilda

Haha, that's out then lol I also like Evelyn but hubby doesn't. He really likes Alice xx

You sound like me! We have a large family, and quite a large circle of friends - all with children, so finding a name that hasn't already been used is itself a challenge, but then one to go with our surname makes it awkward! We've chose Erin for a girl, or possibly Aaron for a boy, but I'm not in love with Aaron.

We have a heather and Hannah is meh lol

I think that Eleanor is winning although my my mum pronounced it Elaine-a and I don't like that - prefer it like Ellen-or

We have a heather and Hannah is meh lol

I think that Eleanor is winning although my my mum pronounced it Elaine-a and I don't like that - prefer it like Ellen-or

Your like me with names. So so fussy. Thought I do like some old fashioned names. In the running for us is Dotty and Martha. But still very very open to names ideas haha. If I hear a person I know has called their child something, and OH suggests the same name, I wont have it lol.

How about Helen, Sarah, Rebecca, Alice, Bethany, Sophie, Alexa, Jane, Megan, Lauren, Annette, Violet, Hazel?

We also can't find a girls name we can agree on. I don't really like names that can be shortened and I won't name after family (so rules loads of names I like out!). I like Anne, does that have to be a middle name or could you go with it as a first name?

My girls names were Lucie, Eve, Charlotte and Chloe.

Good luck! Name picking is fun :)

I really like Eleanor, also like Rebekah, Imogen & Nicole x

I really like Liberty at the moment & if I have another baby & it is a girl I would consider it as I think Liberty goes nicely with Luca (my lb name)

Don't know how they'd go with your surname, but I think Elenor May sounds nice, maybe even Elenor May Anne.
I like snowbee's Annete that's really nice, Annete Marie maybe xx

How about Helen, Sarah, Rebecca, Alice, Bethany, Sophie, Alexa, Jane, Megan, Lauren, Annette, Violet, Hazel?

We also can't find a girls name we can agree on. I don't really like names that can be shortened and I won't name after family (so rules loads of names I like out!). I like Anne, does that have to be a middle name or could you go with it as a first name?

Lol Anne is a family name, my cousin, aunt, grandma, great grandma, great great aunt, great great grandma and many cousins were all called Anne. And Bauer my grandma is called Anne it would fall into he category of becoming "little Anne" like
My mum was "little Barbara" (there's basically only Anne's and Barbara's in our family lol) so Anne is out and I'm not a great fan of it anyway, but I like Anna as a name but hubby doesn't like it at all.
We have a Helen, Sarah's, Rebecca's aplenty, Alice Doesnt go with surname, Bethany I don't like, too many Sophie's around, Alexa is not forme at all, Jane is taken in
Many middle names , Megan I just hate as I feel about Lauren and violet and hazel and Annette reminds me of a curtain lol

I love names you can shorten but only if I like the shortening

Don't know how they'd go with your surname, but I think Elenor May sounds nice, maybe even Elenor May Anne.
I like snowbee's Annete that's really nice, Annete Marie maybe xx

We need mary, Maria or Marie in the name as she will be born in the holy month of mary (Catholic) and I do want Anne in there fort grandma. My son is Luke John Steven so this one will likely have thee names too

What about:
Amy? Jemima? Tabatha? Daisy? Phoebe? Emma? Chloe? Kimberley? Jennifer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back