Help ! Should I call a doctor or midwife?

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I don't know what to do .. I have been up all night with severe sickness and severe diarrhoea.. I'm feeling alot of pressure in my back and I am having strong period type cramps although not regular.

I can't leave the house to go the doctors in fear of needing to be sick or use the toilet it's that bad..

I can't keep anything down, not even water...

Could this be early labour ?

I'm hoping it's just a stomache bug!!

I don't know who to call, a doctor or a midwife!

Is a stomach bug dangerous for the baby?

Sounds like a tummy bug but I would def ring doc or mw

Baby will be fine hun

Ring someone and get professional advice! Keep ur fluids up. Hope ur ok!

Call the midwife and talk to her she may tell you to call out the doctor, They dont mind you calling at all so definatly give her a ring.
Hope you feel better soon xxx

Thanks ladies, I'll call her when the feeling of sickness goes down! Would be embarrassing if I start wretching over the phone lol
X

I would also phone the MW, if you can't get through phone your GP or antenatal unit at the hospital. Hope you feel better soon!

Definitely ring either doc or midwife... I'm sure LO will be fine - but you need to get something for you! Good luck, and hope you feel better soon. X

because if the sickness id say a tummy bug. n the cramps could b braxton hicks.....have u had any yet??
I would call mw just t get her advice.......the dioreeha could just b from ur adrenalin if u think its early labour.
Is ur other half there with u?? Keep us posted x

definatly ring MW or doctor hun, especially if your not holding down water.
don't let yourself get dehydrated.
good luck sweeyie and keep us posted. xx

Hope you feel better soon I woke up last night to be sick but only sick once and had the runs 3 times but I didn't feel poorly at all and don't now if anything I'm hungry!! I do however have loads of pressure in my back just hoping its back ache from sleeping on the sofa xxx

:hug:

Sounds awful hun, hope you feel better soon. I had a bug like this in the early days, I think our bodies are just a bit more sensitive to pathogens and try to expel them quickly to protect baby.

The doctor will be able to reassure you and advise you on how to feel better xx

Hope you're ok hun and feel better soon xxx

Ring mw or dr. Either will help. MW would prob be better though.xx

Hope your feeling a bit better now. If your not able to keep down water def need to ring someone. They might want to give you an anti sickness injection - my friends lil sis who's due in may had to get this cos they all had winter voimitting bug. xxx

Hope you managed to chat to your MW - after being sick at the weekend the midwife told me yesterday that I was still dehydrated and I was keeping water down so you def need to speak to someone x

I agree with the others. Sounds like a very nast stomache bug. I had one in Tri1 and bubs was fine. Call the MW/Docs to make sure and make sure you get plenty of fluids. I ended up getting Diarolyte sachets drinks to make sure I kept well hydrated.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi ladies,

Just an update..

I have food poisoning.. Typical! I can't keep food down but finally managing to keep water down.

I feel a tiny bit better now but still lying in bed feeling abit weak n sorry for myself.

Baby is fine too. Going to try toast in an hour so baba can at-least get some nutrition today.. Poor baby is probably sick of my stomach gurgling today lol

X

be prepared to have a very sore bump for a few days and loads of BH...........i had this on my honeymoon and its just awful.

have you seen someone though cos food poisoning is not good for baba.....so best to get checked if you havent. dont wanna scare you xx

Awww hun - thats crap but at least its not labour n bubs is gonna stay in for a while longer to cook :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back