Doctor or Midwife?

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
I have a water infection which was detected at a routine midwife appointment but the doc prescribed the meds.

I think its got worse as Im very uncomfy, going the loo all the time and got pains all around my bladder.

My question is, do I make an appointment to see my doctor about it or my midwife? Not sure which one Im meant to go to....

If you think it's definitely the water infection than I'd go to the doc I think, if you can get an emergency appointment today. If you can't see anyone today then call your midwife. Hope you feel better soon hun x

def get it sorted i had loads of problems with water infections at the end of my pregnancy and i left it a couple days and regretted it so much i was in agony by the end since it took longer than normal to sort out as they were reluctant to give me antibiotics. i mentioned it to my midwife and they sent me up the hospital straight away. after blood test to check it was nothing else they sorted me out with some antibiotics. it was so painful in the end i could hardly walk. Get it sorted or it will end up in your kidneys and its the last thing you want when your heavily pregnant!

doctors hun.. and take a sample with you in a clean bottle xx hope you are ok x

diffo doc hun, i have had 3 this pregnancy all gone to the doc straight away, hope ur feeling better soon hunny :hug: :hug:

ooooh hun try get it sorted asap!

i got a really bad one when i was pregnant last time, the pain was worse than labour and i actually spent the night on the labour ward and had to be given pethadine to stop the pain! I was actually really poorly but didn't realise it, Spend three days in hospital and had to have scans on both baby and my kidneys. I was put on i.v anti biotics and then had to take anti biotics until i gave birth which was about 15 weeks!!

You really don't want to end up like that, if the dr can't see you phone middy.

Well I called the docs and the best they can do today is get a nurse to call me at 3.15.... :?

Not entirely sure how helpful thats supposed to be?!

Get a nurse to phone you?? What fecking good is that gonna do. Hope you get it sorted soon :hug:

well she has called and they want me to go in at 3.50 so i will update after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back