Heartburn???

KellyHook

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Please could someone explain what heartburn feels like, I've never had it before in my life and on monday at 3am and last night at 3am I woke up with a strange feeling all in my throat it was burning and it felt like it was going to come out my mouth but it didn't feel like it was sick! Sorry for the crap explanation but its hard to describe what it felt like!

Any ideas?...

I hope whatever it is decided not to make an appearance every night at 3am!!!

Xx

I've had heartburn since very early on and thats exactly what it feels like for me! Sometimes it's literally like I could breathe fire!! Drinking milk and taking gaviscon helps.

Mines got alot worse in the last week or so.

Hope yours stops soon hun! :) x

Im getting this constantly!! People have told me to try
Gaviscon
Rennies
Milk
Propping yourself up on pillows when you sleep

When I saw midwife she said wow baby is really squashing your insides no wonder your getting heartburn!! I asked hat I could use as the above dont work anymore and she said it's unlikely anything will work now!! :( even turning over in night sets mine off!! I hope the above helps you!

Yep that is definitely heartburn! Go to your GP & get Gaviscon free on prescription. Try not to eat too much before bedtime & try to avoid strong tasting foods (onions torture me!) or acidic foods. Drinking milk helps (but I can't stand milk.)
Try to sleep with your head higher than your body too - plenty of pillows to prop you up, as it stops the acid getting into your throat. I kept a note of what made my symptoms worse food wise & now avoid them for the moment. Don't suffer though when you can get medication for free hun x

Sunnyb xxx

Hey, In am drinking Gaviscon by the gallon, I hate it but it eases the ache most days.. xx

my heartburn is terrible just now honestly i was up all night with it i could have sat and cried.. only thing that somtimes helps me is the gaviscon x

O thank you! Might have to stock up!!

So I presume I would have to book an appointment with the doctor and tell him for him to give me a prescription!! I might try the chemist 1st as I have a book which entitles me to free pain relief etc and I'm sure heartburn/indigestion is on it!

Sunnyb - I had onions yesterday and the day before! Pickled and normal.. Maybe I should stay clear of them aswell, I also don't like milk (only in cereal and tea)..

Xx

I just called my GP & they gave me a prescription without seeing me. It's quite expensive & adds up when you're drinking it by the gallon, so definitely don't pay for it. I'm just like you - only do milk in tea/coffee & on cereal. Onions are bad for me & strangely enough cucumber makes it worse. I've found peeling the skin off the cucumber helps - so it must be the skin that makes me ill!
Fizzy drinks & fresh orange are quite bad too, but I need to drink fresh orange with my iron tablets, so can't avoid that. Hope the Gaviscon sorts it out for you x

Sunnyb xxx

Yer I am drinking fresh orange with my iron tablets to.. Will ring and see what they say! Xx

Definitely heartburn... its awful! Feels like my throat and chest is on fire. I have had it pretty bad lately! Couldn't of got through it without the Gaviscon! xxx

Yes u can get it free on prescription! But the liquid made me feel like throwing up! boo! So I bought the chewwy gaviscon ones strawberry flavour ones from boots.shame nothings working for me tho! But def sound like heartburn / acid reflux, a burning / pain moving up your throat! It's horrid !! I rang my docs and they did prescription over phone do I didn't take up an appointment! Collected later that day x

So if I ring the docs up.. What should I say...

As I think if I just ask for it she will say go and buy some!!

No it's def Available on prescription!! So it's free!! Just explain you have terrible heartburn can the doc prescribe you something and do you need to go down and take up an appoint or can they do this got u!! Its worth asking and will save u loads of money xx

Ah cool!!
Well I've rang, just got to wait for the doctor to ring me back! Bonus if I can get it free!!

hope you get it from docs hun. mine are useless so have just bought the rennies myself wish i would have tried docs but they really are awful.

its not nice though is it. hope whatever you get helps. xxx

This is something I'm thankful I don't suffer with! I've never had it in my life before pregnancy either, but think I may have had it a couple of times during pregnancy, only mild though. It seems so many women suffer really badly with it. Hope it subsides for you soon xx

I just buy mine coz I can't be bothered waiting for the appointment or even trying to get through to make the appointment. It does cost a lot over the period of time but it saves me time just buying it. lol. hope you can get it free though :).

When i go to my midwife i just ask for some and she just gives me it there and then. xxx

I've never had it before either lulu.. But I hit 30wks and have had it everyday!!

Shauna - I was at midwife yesterday, wish I had said something to her, but I'd only had it for the 1st time the night before and didn't know what it was, haven't got MW till 21st now!

Well still waiting for the docs to ring me back! So doubt I'll get anything tonight!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back