Harry's Journey

Hey kanga :) such a wonderful job you are doing with Harry!!! He is so so gorgeous btw :)
Good luck with your diet but don't stress much about that just yet. I am sure that bf and looking after a baby is more than enough at the beginning :hug:
Did you start going out and about with him at baby groups?
Such a pity we don't have those here... Or at least not where I live...I suppose my baby will only know the great outdoors lol...

Hey Hope, we are going out and about to different groups. We have a breast feeding support group on Monday's, sling meet once a month on Tuesday's, tiny times (health visitor support) on wednesday's, occasional meets on Thursday's at other ladies houses who all BF, use slings and cloth nappies. So usually pretty busy lol Hoping there are more groups running now the school summer holidays are over. Xx

Today has been a killer of a day! Harry has been so unsettled since getting up at 9am, he behaved whilst daddy was home then from 12noon it all kicked off. Non stop crying unless he was feeding or rarely asleep for 10-15 mins at a time for a total of 4-5 times today. Tried winding, and dentinox colic drops, calpol for pain and rocking him. He has only just crashed out 20 mins ago, and I am so relieved for the peace and quiet.

I just hope he has a good sleep now and we have a good day tomorrow as we are getting professional pics done :) Our first family photo together :)

I have proper pigged out today on crap as I haven't had a minute to make anything proper to eat, so had biscuits, crisps, popcorn, chocolate everything easy to grab and bad for me. Really should go fruit shopping! I am starting to get my motivated head on for eating better next week, plus I haven't much junk left to pick on now either lol forced dieting, and I'm not buying any more.

Also brought my first lot of preloved reusable nappies from eBay. £51 for 27 bamboozle nappies, with 6 wraps (not bad as they are 10-12 each new). Can't wait to get them and start trying them out, they are cool cos they are multi coloured :) xx
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347137177.509090.jpg

Aww bless Harry, wonder if it was a growth spurt or something...Lexi has been like that on the odd day, not every day thank fully but her gums are quite hard at the top and the HV said her teeth are probably moving under the gums! It is very exhausting physically and mentally when they are like that hough isnt it!

I ate a pile of crap yesterday too, in fact i got weighed this morning (tut tut) and put bloody 3lb back on but not to worry, i enjoyed the BBQ and it will probably be the last one we get to have now if the weathers getting more autumnal (in the words of the weather man lol) so i can get back on track as of today :)

Loving the nappies too...lovely and bright :D

xx

hey sweety just checking in! eek what a grumy boy you have had hope he is all settled now xx you are doing a fab job sweety!

Long time since I've used my journal again! Harry was 11 weeks old yesterday and time is just getting away for me all the time. We are still getting fab nights with him sleeping from 8-9pm through til 4-5am and occasionally like this morning 7am!! He did stir at 5ish, I went to the loo and he was fasto again lol, he has done that a couple of times recently. It's just me that need to learn to sleep better now he is. Takes me ages to sleep again after the 5am wake up that sometimes I'm still awake at the 7am wake up!! Then I feel like crap when Harry is ready to be up and playing! Although this morning he went back to sleep at 7:30am and woke up again at 10am, lovely Saturday lie in :)

Not sure if I have said previously but along with loads and loads of smiles, Harry has started to make actual giggle noises rather than just happy noises! Plus he loves it when I talk to him, really pays attention and chats back :love: when I put him on his belly now he does this super man legs in the air type thing rather than lifting his head, it is so cute. We still seem to be having teething pains on and off which is quite hard to cope with as he is inconsolable, and he looks as though he is frothing at the mouth all the time with all the extra dribble that he bubbles up!

As I put in my last post we have started on cloth nappies, but the ones on the pic above were crap so I relisted on eBay so someone else could have them!! I then found a bargain at tesco's and got 10 easy fit tots bots for £37.40, when they are usually £15 each :) I am finding them real easy to use and only had a couple of leaks and 1 poop explosion so far. Think it I just learning to put them on correctly and changing him more regularly. Hoping it will save us loads of pennies not having to buy nappies every month, although we are still using them during the night until I am confident with the reusables during the day.

My emotions have been up and down since my lat entry with feeling so alone now I have a baby, our 'friends' that were best men at our wedding just 6 months ago still haven't come to see us or Harry!! And my 'friends' from work etc I have only seen after I have made the effort to see them. It certainly is true that having a family really does change who wants to be ur friend. I'm just hoping that I can get some new friends with similar age children from the groups I go too. One class ends next week but I hope we can stay friends as a group an still meet up. Still need to find more things to do as had nothing on this week on Thursday or Friday so gets a bit boring on my own.

Thought today would be good as DH is home, but he had work this morning and then is going to a scrap yard and then work on his car! So no time spent with me or Harry yet again and I get stuck at home on my own as usual!! How is it men get it so easy! I would love a couple of hours where I could just do what I want and not have to worry about Harry crying, needing feeding, changing or entertaining, is that selfish of me?! xx

Snug seat
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348313931.730942.jpg
Trying to move ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348313948.168616.jpg
Asleep watching tv ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348313970.750773.jpg
Tired out this morning playing ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348313985.064182.jpg
Sporting his new nappy
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348314005.913963.jpg

Kanga that is the exact same thing that i say to my OH! On a Saturday or Sunday he will just say "i'm off up staires for an hour" in other words for a lseep, or to read the newspaper in peace etc, my reply, "Ooh cant be bad, wish i could just slope off when i feel like it!" it irritates the hell out of me, i know he works Monday-Friday but he could help out on a weekend, he hardly has any input in Elexis's day to day routine and now he's panicking for when i go on my first girls night out on 6th October as he "wont know what to do" well tough shit...you should have made more of an effort with her! Ha rant over :lol:

Harry is still doing super well on a night, your such a lucky mummy! Lexi is having quite a few frothing episodes too lately, her gums are mega hard at the top though especially on her left hand side!

And yes, when you have a family all the "child free" friends seem to dwindle away! It was the same for me when i lived in Wakefield with OH, we had loadsa friends before hand, they would come around on a weekend for drinks and we would all have a laugh etc! As soon as i had Elise i had no one and i felt so isolated, one of the reasons i made the surprised return to my hometown Castleford (in other words didnt even tell OH i had signed for a private rented house) was the best thing i ever did as all my old school friends had kids and i got talking to some of them again on facebook and now i have a nice group of like minded friends! You'll find new ones hun, like you said at groups etc :) If you lived nearer to me i'd pop for a coffee with you every morning :) cyber drinks all round hehe!!

xx

Harry is awake for a feed at 11:45 :shock: he hasn't woken up after having his bedtime feed at 8ish for weeks!! Hope we still get a good night xx

Hope Harry's early wake up wasnt a sign of a bad night for you hun xx

No luckily it wasn't, he woke up at 6:30am, which isn't too bad! He is back to sleep now though xx

Lexi had a stinker of a night, seems her 3 good nights may have been a fluke, still holding out hope that last night was a blip and not the previous 3 nights lol

xx

Maybe its because its getting colder Elliott seems to be feeding more and sleeping crap compared to when he was younger x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

If Harry is going through a growth spurt I am glad he has decided to save it til morning. So far he has fed at 6:30, 8 and 10 and he looks like he wants more already!! Lol xx

So Harry then fed at 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 5pm, then from 7-8:30pm he fed about 3 times!!! Being really whiny and unsettled, think he was tired and hungry and didn't know what to do first lol If that's not a growth spurt I'm dreading feeding tomorrow!! xx

Sounds like Lexi on a normal day :rofl: fingers crossed its just a growth spurt hun :) xx

Hi hun,

Just catching up with the most recent piccies.

He is such a handsome little fella, and he is getting so lovely and big!

I know it is a cliche but I cannot believe how quickly time goes???

It feels like Harry has been here forever :lol:

xxxxxxxxxx

Harry was 3 months old on Saturday and 13 weeks old :shock: time is going so fast and my lol man is getting so big, getting him weighed again tomorrow and I think he will be close to 14lbs 7oz!!

He is also technically a whole year in the making as this is about the time I ov'ed last year! Can't believe ttc was such a long time ago!

Harry has had his first cold over the weekend and has been super grumpy and whiney with it. Not surprised as his coughing keeps waking him up, and u know how annoying that is! Wish there was more I could do for him. He has had me up 2-3 times the last few nights which is getting exhausting especially when I have gotten used to loads of sleep!

Last night was the worst night in ages. He finally went to sleep at about 9:30pm after crying and grumping all evening. Then he woke up screaming at 10:30pm!! Have him some gripe water and managed to get 2 massive burps up and loads of trumps!! And he was back asleep by 11:30pm. I was then up with him at 2ish and again I had loads of screaming before he finally passed out at 3am. I then struggled so much to get to sleep and was still awake at 6:30am :( luckily Harry did let me get some sleep after his feed at 7:30am and going back to sleep at 8ish but started being really noisy around 10:15am, when I just gave up.

When I go get Harry weighed tomorrow I am going to talk to the hv about post natal depression as I know I'm not quite right, I feel sad all the time, have no motivation for anything, I'm so moody too. I have started to have no patience with Harry at all when he cries and struggle throughout the day with him and i have to really control myself to not be rough with him and hurt him. Makes me feel so guilty that I am struggling with my emotions and my actions and that I'm not 100% enjoying my time with Harry and just wishing someone would take him from me for a few days. I try to get out to baby groups but struggle with confidence to talk to people so if feels like a waste of my time, as no one chats to me! None of my work friends or other friends have even bothered with me since having Harry and I just feel so isolated from normal life.

Wow some crummy mummy I am :( I struggle to have fun with my son and am close to hurting him!! I hope no one takes that the wrong way as I would never hurt him ever, but the thoughts are there which is scary, maybe he would be safer and better off without me :(

Aww you're not a crummy mummy at all hun, i was exactly the same with Elise...i can remember one whiney day i rung my mate and asked her to come round, she came round and i just shoved the baby at her and said "here have her i cant cope any more!" and i walked off :roll: it happens to the best of us and it does get easier hun! Deffo speak to the hv though, i think i had mild PND back then but always made out to the hv i was fine, probably because i was scared of being a failure and didnt want people to know i was struggling, looking back now people wouldnt have thought that, its quite common and easily dealt with! Wish i lived nearer you hun i'd come by to groups etc with you, i'm the same though, i lack confidence with strangers so would find it daunting going to groups, i'm just lucky i have a close friend whose baby is 6mnths older than Lexi so we get out an about togther, not to groupls bt just out for coffee etc and that keeps me sane!

Poor Harry having a cold too, hope he starts feeling better and gives you some well deserved sleep soon, i know exactly how you feel with the sleep deprivation :lol:

:hugs: xxx

Last edited:
:hug: kanga, you are not and never could be a crummy mummy, you ate having a tough time and I hope the hv is sympathetic and you get some support. You are doing one of the toughest jobs in the world 24/7 and it won't be helped when he has bad nights. Lots of hugs and hope you get some help. Have you talked to DH about it? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back