my family are suffocating me! :(

winnie89

Reaction score
Me and mark have had a lovely day today just me mark and harry I was making tea for tommorrow and he said make enough for 3 cuz nan is coming over, I wouldn't mind but we only saw her yesterday and we'll see her wednesday (she cooks for us and sil family and marks mom and dad twice a week) so we already see her loads and now she coming over tomorrow I feel so bloody suffocated all the time, every time I go up she's always critiscising how I look after harry and taking him off me and wandering away harry screams because he can't see me and obviously he wants me! I can't do anything right in her eyes and she told me a few weeks ago I wasn't good enough for mark and he should of never married me. I can't really afford to feed her, heck I can barely afford to feed myself and mark. Mark only gets two days off a week and I like him to spend them with me and harry as by the time he usually gets back harrys in bed asleep and so am I. I wish she would just back off!

Btw this is the lady who told me to stop bf as it was making harry grumpy and that I'd end up with pnd

Omg what a horrible woman , your Harry's mummy and you know best not her . Could you many have a word with your OH and many explain how when he has days off you like spending them together as a family just the 3 of you.

Xx

I can't really say anymore than what katie has hun. Hope you're alright xx

Jeez!! What a nasty women!

Can you not tell OH how you feel? Perhaps in a really subtle manner so he doesn't feel attacked?

X

I just feel like I nag him all the time I had to get him to have a word with her because she was saying horrible things to me and telling me to put harry on a bottle all the time, then he lost interest in helping me with harry so I had to nag him about that and now this I keep telling him that we'll stop going up cuz she can't afford to cook for 10 people twice a week because she can't afford it but he doesn't listen
I love his nan to bits I really do but there is only som many time a week you can see the same person and talk about the same things over and over again

Perhaps add some crushed up senokot max strength in her dinner and then she'll never want to come round for dinner again :)

I m joking im just trying to make a joke cause the woman sounds like a horrible nasty cow and i would not be having her in my house. She can behave like that in her own home but if it was my home id be letting her know fairly lively, regardless of respect your elders. More like respect everyone regardless of age xxx

does he know she said that to you about you not being good enough??? x

No I haven't told him because that night his nan was drinlking and it was coming up to the anniversary of his grandad's death so she was generally feeling down and depressed. I know she didn't mean it

I'd stop biting my tongue and have to say something very publicly. I seem to be doing a lot of that lately because I've been so cheesed off! Feeling your pain hun xx

Thanks ladies I don't mind her coming round because it must be lonely sitting in a house all the time on your own but I run out of things to say and this will be the third day in a row nearly that we've seen her. If she could learn that I'm doing the best by harry then I wouldn't mind it's just the fact that she has to make a comment and make me feel like shit, I was struggling before but now marks helping out more I'm able to relax and enjoy being with harry instead of stressing all the time. I'll have a word with her again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back