HSG - not good news

itisbabytime

Reaction score
I've been away for a week or so, just finding this a bit tough - only popping in for a random post or read.

Then things got worse. I had my HSG and not good news. Despite never having had an infection or any ops or anything in my pelvis I am either missing one tube completely or it is so f**ked absolutly no dye got in it. I could cope with this as I know you can concieve with one tube but the tube I have is the tube that goes up to my small ovary which has few follicles.

Im gutted. I hope and hope and hope and hope that this ovary ovualtes properly or I guess our only hope will be IVF.

Thats all, it just helps to get it out :cry:

Oh babe what sad news that is. Have you got a follow up appointment to go through your results? Big hugs for you my love xxx

yeah.... seeing private doc in a few weeks as the NHS wait is absolutely awful. Tyring to remain positive but its hard.

Oh sweetie, just wanted to say your issues sound very similar to mine - I have an abnormal tube and ovary on the right side, they reckon it was a congenital abnormality something obviously didn't develop correctly from day one. My left side though is ok, although they did say my ovaries are small. The right one has restricted to no blood supply so is def not working anyway. My left one although small has always worked fine, as you can see I've had 3 kids. I was told intially that it could take me longer to get pregnant that usual but it hasn't luckily. They found this when doing some diagnostic tests for endometriosis, which I also have. Just wanted to say it is possible hun xxxx

Yeah positivity isnt my strong point at the moment either hun. I know i shouldnt but i just feel like giving up is the only option at the moment! x

thanks laura - that has perked me up. thank you. i didnt think there would be anyone else on here that would have a similar issue.

Sorry hun, there is always hope though :hugs: xx

Oh love I'm sorry :-( but it neednt be all bad, Laura C's story is proof it can happen. Hopefully you'll get more info at your private appt. Sending you a massive hug xxxx

Hey

Just seen this and wanted to say I lost my left tube I had an ectopic in march 2009 and was told much to my amazement fallopian tubes can catch an egg released from the other ovary, my left ovary is much better than my right and they are convinced thats how I fell pregnant with my ds. Your tubes are not actually attached toyour ovaries like it is shown in many diagrams. They are slightly behind it. Look on the ectopic pregnancy website under FAQS and they explain it much better. It is a slightly reduced chance but not that much reduced and it is possible, I am being offered other treatment before moving forward with IVF so the docs must be confident it could happen xx

Im sorry to hear this news but you neva now fx it will still work naturally for you hun.

Michelle. x

Really really sorry Hun, I hate checking how you girls in LTTTC are and reading bad news, I'm sending lots of prayers for everyone...:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Xx

Hey hun I'm sorry to read this not comin on here as much these days, I know its hard hun but try stay positive.
Are you carrying on with the clomid? Will this help your smaller ovary ovulate? Xxx

I'm sorry it's not better news but hoping you can get some positive progress at your next appointment. :hugs:

x x

Thanks girls. I'm trying to be positive and the fact that small ovary does have follies makes me happier I just hope they can ovulate. I do ovulate every cycle, it can't always be from one side can it?

Thanks girls. I'm trying to be positive and the fact that small ovary does have follies makes me happier I just hope they can ovulate. I do ovulate every cycle, it can't always be from one side can it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back