grandparents names pls?

My grandparents names are Delia / Alan

My great nan's name is Florence and her twin was called Sadie
(which was our chosen girls name but were having a boy so were still deciding on that one!)

I love the old fashioned names and they seem to be really trendy at the mo but my OH is not convinced :(

My Nan's were called Jeannie and Marion and my Grandad's were Malcolm and Thomas.

oh I like Thomasina sugested by Wilma!

We have an Ivy at the school where I work and an Alfred, they're lovely xxx

Margaret & Hugh and Charlie & Betty, I love hearing all these grandparents names!

Mine were Florence and Jack (we're having Florence somewhere if we have a girl as she only died a couple of months ago and I really wanted her to meet LO :( ) and Joan (although everyone calls her Syb, short for Sybil) and Lawrence (everyone called him Lol - he would have LOVED that that meant laugh out loud these days!!)

My grandparents on my mums side - Doris and Archie
My grandparents on my dads side - Harry and Elizabeth (or Betty as we called her)

THanks alot for all your help i love all these old names my fav's have to be:-

winnie
minnie
dora
oscar
bessie
jasper
coral
dixie
kitty
nelly
alfred
dotty
doris
betty

the girls name i am thinking anout at the min is florrie and i cant believe how many of you had a florance

Hi Lanny, was just on a baby name site, looking for inspiration on girls names (as they are soo tricky!) and unusally there were loads of older generation names on there, so listed some here for you!

Marjorie
Ivy
Peggy
Millicent
Pearl - I like this one!
Mirabel
Miriam
Olive - I like this one!
Patsy
Phyllida
Prunella
Purdey
Nerys

Last edited:
my nans names was ivy and rose and grandads was henry and norman

Hi Lanny, was just on a baby name site, looking for inspiration on girls names (as they are soo tricky!) and unusally there were loads of older generation names on there, so listed some here for you!

Marjorie
Ivy
Peggy
Millicent
Pearl - I like this one!
Mirabel
Miriam
Olive - I like this one!
Patsy
Phyllida
Prunella
Purdey
Nerys

love peggy and pearl how will i pick one theres so many i like now lol

My grandma's are Constance (Connie) and Pauline xx

Oooh nice thread! Some names I really like, eg Pearl - would be very unusual in our/next generation I think.

Jane Gwenth (everybody calls her Gwen) & Edward (Ted)

Evie's grandparents are called Vivienne Margaret & William / Linda Florence & Raymond.

Grandads are Edward (Ted and Eddie) and Gerry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back