grandparents names pls?

My mum's side: Tessie and Wallace
Dad's side: Irene and Robert
O/h's mum's side: Sarah and William
O/h's dad's side: Mary and Jonny

My nanna and grandad were called Molly (Mary) and Albert.
If I have a girl next time she'll be called Molly Angelina after my and OH's nanna...

Doesn't really help you as you can't have two kiddies called Dolly and Molly...

Some lovely names coming up though and I'm surprised by how many I actually like! We are having a little boy and are trying thinking of a middle name. OH wants Arthur! Not quite so taken with this so need something we can both agree on...xxx

not my nan's name, but she used to go about in a group of 3 women - my nan was Flo, and the others were Josie and Sylvia. I'm not keen on either Josie or Sylvia, but used to call Sylvia Sylvie instead, which I always thought was nice!

my grandparents names were :

Robert and Alice emma-rose
George and Irene

i have one my nanny's name and i gave rose as a middle name to my eldest:)
my cousin had a little girl so named her georgia the female variation of george as my grandad died young

A friend of mine has a Daughter (born last September) called Pearl!! She beautiful!!

xx

oh wow so many names, il just add my lot too :p

Margaret, Mary Elizabeth, Seamus, Peter

OH's Molly & Samuel

Really love the names Grace or Elsie from the ones i read above tho :)

My Nans name was Betty, my Grandads name was John and my great-nan was called Ivy.
I'm having Betsy as the middle name for our little girl after my nan.

Females i have Christine, Sylvia, Elsie-Mae, Emma and Eileen

Males there are Michael, John, Fred, Richard and Leonard

We are having Harvey Leonard as middle names if not Harvey as a possible first name!! As it's my granddad's middle name and OH's granddad's name who he never met (as my OH was born in New Zealand and his granddad died when he was 3)

im so stuck really liked besty but I have herd 3 this wk so really put me off that, my next name was florrie but I have herd florance loads aswell and im worried ppl might call them florrie for short this making it popular. Mervs mum I really like KITTY PEARL ive put this on my list. I just scared I pick a name then in a few month I start hearing it all the time. Think it deffo herbie for a boy just need a 2nd name Herbie?

Nan and grandads

Betty and frank
rose and john
and
denis and barbra

-split family x x x

I love this post! I love old fashioned names...

Grandparents:
Mine: Herbert and Isabella, Antonia and Peter
DHs: Elsy and Bruce, Kathleen and Ian

We called DS Ernest but he's Ernie most of the time! :)

i felt a bit inspired by this thread the other day and looked thru my dads family tree i was surprised at a few of the names

jemima
florrence
rosa
issabell
andrewina
i wouldnt have put this as 200yr old names but they were kinda liking jemima

Jemima is cute!! x x my grandma's were Hilda May (but everyone called her May-never ever Hilda and that's where I got Summer's middle name from) and Clara. My mums dad was polish and I can not for the life of me remember his real name but everyone called him George, and my dads dad was Stanley.

I love this post! I love old fashioned names...

Grandparents:
Mine: Herbert and Isabella, Antonia and Peter
DHs: Elsy and Bruce, Kathleen and Ian

We called DS Ernest but he's Ernie most of the time! :)
awww that is so sweet I can just picture a little boy called ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back