GP visit, now im a little worried

ella

Reaction score
I had a routine visit to my GP yesterday (I dont have a midwife), and a couple of years ago I had an abnormal smear test and had a little op to remove some abnormal cells. I asked would it be ok to wait until after the baby is born to have a smear - and she said 'oh did you not have a suture done when you got pregnant to prevent miscarriage' I just looked at her blankly, and she goes - oh well its up to the hospital..... then she couldnt find my referral letter to the hosp to see if they were informed or the letter from the gynae saying what I had done at the time :roll: :roll:

I told them in the hosp when they checked my medical history and they never mentioned anything - I dont know what to think now.

Any advice welcome?? (sorry its so long)

to be honest i wouldnt worry about that.. i got told i cant have a smear during pregnancy, so i wouldnt worry.

in fact, i not allowed to have a smear until im 25, (6 years off yet!!) although my mum has just got over having cervical cancer, they still wont let me have one :wall: :wall: :wall:

I've been told you can't have a smear during your pregnancy either. The changes in the hormones in that area can interfere with the results. As I was planning to get pregnant, I had a smear done two months before I fell, so I was ok....but I shouldn't worry about it too much...Even if you did have abnormal cells they can't do anything until the baby is born.

As for having a sutcher done....I assume your GP meant a cervical sutcher...which you usually don't have unless you have a history of cervical incompetence.... Usually you would have had a history of loosing a baby, where the cervix opens and the sac and baby slip out ..They will try and push the sac back and they put a stitch in to hold the cervix closed. Cervical incompetence is extremely rare... my mother had this but only as a result of having a lot of damage to her cervix due to uterine complications and infections when she was younger. She lost a baby before me at 24 weeks and I am only here because of that stitch....

If you have no history of cervical incompetence then you shouldn't need a cervical suture... Maybe your GP got your case confused with someone elses?

Ive given up all hope on my GP went in feeling ill, no water infection or anything else have some co-dydramol.

Still feeling bad went to A&E - you have a really bad water infection and pregnant women should only take paracetamol.

Lol

xx

Try not to worry. My friend has had 2 colposcopies and a cone biopsy too and it didnt affect her. She never had a stitch put in or anything like that and she just had a little boy last month at 37 + 1 weeks. I had a colposcopy myself and again, no stitch and had my daughter 8 days overdue!

Try not to worry. My friend has had 2 colposcopies and a cone biopsy too and it didnt affect her. She never had a stitch put in or anything like that and she just had a little boy last month at 37 + 1 weeks. I had a colposcopy myself and again, no stitch and had my daughter 8 days overdue!

i wouldn't worry - i had a biopsy on my cervix and it didn't affect my pregnancy - also i did have a smear done during pregnancy - due to bleeding from cervix - i was under a consultant at hospital.

don't worry you'll be fine :hug: :hug:

I've had a colpolscopy, hot loop excision and a cone biopsy and was discussing it witht he nurse at my last smear. She said that sometimes women have to have stitch in their cervix but it's very rare. And more often than not it's no problem at all.

I'm really glad I came across this thread because I was worrying that I won't get PG because of the biopsy etc, but I can see that a lot of people do go on the get PG :D . May I ask hoe long it took to conceive for those of you who have had a cone biopsy?

Also she said you can have a smear when your PG, infact years ago it was routine for every PG woman to have one. I had one when I was PG with Jordan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back