Bit of a scary morning....!

millie15

Reaction score
Well, what a night!!
After having to take my cat to the emergency vet at midnight because she had eaten some lily pollen (highly toxic to cats,btw!) I came back and had really really odd feelings in my lower abdomen. It was like something was actually pressing really hard on my cervix. Called NHS direct who, after putting me through to about a million people said it was probably nothing to worry about but to call the MW in the morning if no improvement. I woke at 7 after about 3 hrs sleep and it was worse, now causing shooting pains up my abdomen. Rang the MW who sent me straight to the hosp. It was my nicest hosp experience so far - I got to sit on a nice comfy armchair, then a nice bed and they explained everything fully. The good news is that they heard LO's hb, had a feel round and did an internal and all seems normal. My cervix is closed and long which is good and tummy is soft, also apparently good. Dr said she thought it might be cystitis (which I have had before but it never felt like this!), although my urine was clear. They have sent off swabs.
I'm relieved they didn't find any cause for alarm but I have to say I am still puzzled by it. Am still getting the intense pressure feeling (feels a bit like I am having a smear test) but the shooting pains have stopped. I am drinking loads to try and flush it through if it is cystitis. I do feel like a bit of a t*t racing down to the hosp with a mere water infection, :oops: but they did say it was the right thing to do. I was so scared that it was my cervix opening.
Has anyone else had anything like this?
BTW - cat is fine, :roll: going to collect her tonight :)

23wks+6

When i was about 32weeks i went into hospital as i had been asleep on the settee, then woke up with quite bad twinges. Thought it was braxton hicks but the pain was coming in waves and wasn't going away. Left it for an hour but it was still going on. I decided to go shopping to see if the pain would wear off but on my way i called the hospital who told me to go in. Hoked me up to the monitors to see if the pains were mild contractions. Did a urine test that needed to be sent off for results, but i had an infection quite strong that i was sent home with antibiotics instead of waiting 48hours for the results. This was 11pm at night! I felt like such an idiot wasting their time! But it's better to be checked than leave it as you haven't got just you to think of anymore.

P.S. Pleased the cat is ok! :D

the joys of pregnancy, a totally worrying time, glad you and the cat are ok.

You know I get them all the time! They are so painful! Like she is pressing right on the top of my cervix! Then I get the shooting pains right up my tummy and it brings tears to my eyes! Im glad to know its nothing! I didnt even think of going to the hospital etc!? I think I remember them from the others but never this painful! :(
Though I know mine isnt a water infection!? How did they come to that conclusion!?

Dunno!! I didn't think so as when they tested my urine it was fine, but I guess it was because I was having to go for a wee all the time! I'm glad I'm not the only one with these weird feelings. It's still a bit uncomfortable but not as bad as it was. She's also been wriggling away in there lots today so I feel much more relieved. I wonder what it is if not a water infection?

I get some pains just above my cervix but I think that is because baby is breech and is sticking feet in not so comfortable positions. What you described sounds very worrying so glad all seems well (also pleased you had such a nice hospital experience!) :hug:

And tell that naughty cat not to go near pollen again, as if you don't have enough to worry about (says she who had to rush one of her cats to the vets as he decided to try and eat a bee despite between allergic to their stings - it's the second time I've had to rush him down as he swells up like a balloon! :roll: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back