Got my referral!!

Chazabell

Reaction score
Morning girls :wave:

So i had my appointment at the docs this morning and i had to giggle at how it started. I was sat in waiting room and this petite chinese women came running through dragging her heels on the floor, only looked about 20 but seemed dizzy. I walk into the doctors office and its her ha ha, she was good tho.

I told her my history with my periods and how bad they have got and how they have been when on clomid etc, she examined my abdomen and all that seemed fine and she suggested that as i am already under a Gynae at the ACU i speak to him.

So i explained i never see him and the nurses had dismissed it and she then went to speak to another doctor who came out with "Well, if she's had IUI and scans, they would have picked it up on that!" :shock: so i corrected her and said i have done my research, and you cannot diagnose with a scan, and i tick a good 90% of boxes for symptoms, then i got really frustrated and ended up crying :(

So i just told her i want a referral for a 2nd opinion before i waste all my IUI chances, so off she popped and the other Doctor agreed, and i am being reffered to another Gynae at a different hospital, but i will still be under the ACU so just call them and hold IUI off for another month untill ive had my appointment.

Its really bad that you have to fight for it, i was in there for 40 mins. If i wasnt trying for a baby they'd have given me loads of pills and be done with it!!

What made it worse this morning which added to the crying and frustration is OH is away today at his cousins funeral, who's death he has not accepted, and its such tragic circumstances. Because of this reason he did not want me to be there to support him, and he really needs me i can hear it in his voice when he calls. He thinks he's so strong and has to support his Mum and Sister and brothers through it, but he doenst :cry: i just wanna cuddle him, or hold his hand through it :(

xxxxxxx

So proud of you Chaz! Well done!! :)

Good luck with everything at your next appointment.

Xx

Well done for standing your ground, you deserve to have every possibility investigated, and if there is a problem, have it sorted out.

Hope you finally get some answers.

It really is frustrating that you have to fight àlmost to get the treatment that you are entitled to isn't it. Well done for standing your ground and getting the result that was needed. I had an incidence where I ended up very upset which at the time was horrible but like yourself it actually ended up in my favour. The heartache of wanting to be a mum is so awful and with you all the time. Its hard enough and upsetting enough without them leaving you to a point where you are so upset. If I ever do get my dream of holding my own baby I will say that I will actively write a strong worded letter to the NHS. Sadly Im too scared to even rock the boat while Im desperately waiting for treatment!

Oh and I would so want to give my hubby a big hug too!!!

Oh that is fab.news. That other doctor sounds like a dick though and should maybe get some more training! Glad you called them out on it and requested a sewcond opinion. Endo isn't a nice diagnosis but if u have it u can begin laser treatments and it will hopefully solve all your problems.

Well done for putting up a fight :trouble:but still shocking that you to in the first place, hopefully you will get some answers at your referral!!

Really sorry to hear about OH's cousin :hugs:

Such a shame for you that they had to make it such hard work.. hope you do get some answers though. I have to agee that there seems to be this "protocol" thing that drives the nhs fertility clinics where they remove brains and just follow it. My sister got put on clomid when it clearly wasn't the right thing for her.

Chaz well done for standing your ground really pleased for you. Let us know how the second appointment goes.
Sorry to hear about your oh cousin. You sound like a fab lady who is mega supportive. I am looking forward to your next update. Gizzy xxx

So pleased you stood your ground sweetie. Do you have an appointment date yet? I bet they will want to do a laparoscopy to check you out. This will so get you your bfp Chaz xxx

My goodness this PCT is quick, I have my referral appointment already :)

17th May. Its not at the hospital, its at a outpatient centre (where I get my bloods done) if they don't even consider Endo ill be angry.

The unhelpful Dr yesterday who my Doc spoke to seemed to give the impression that because I'm TTC I have to deal with it, why does it have to be 1 or the other? Why should I have to suffer?

AF is due again 9th ish May. So ill just call the ACU to say ill be holding off till June for our next IUI xxx

Wow that is quick for your referral ! Well done you for standing up for your rights and having checked out they can't diagnose with a scan - brilliant, bet you surprised her!

Your poor OH being brave without you, I hope it all goes smoothly as it can be at the funeral and he can get back for his hugs from you , sounds like you both need some X

Last edited:
I'm gonna do some more research so I can go in well armed and not get fobbed off. One of my close friends has Endo and she was shocked 1 doc said it would have shown up on scan. She's having a hysterectomy at the age of 24 in 8 weeks because hers is so bad she's constantly admitted just to deal with tha pain, luckily she has 3 gorgeous girls.

OH said his cousins service was lovely, and he was mentioned for being a influence on his life, then they played a song and he fell apart, but he had his Mum and family with him.

We spent the night drinking JD + coke, whilst he told me stories and cried. He's still not accepted it yet, but I'm glad he doesn't feel the need to stay strong in front of me. It should be his cousins 29th birthday on 1st May too, gonna be tough.

I'm just glad we aren't TTC as such this month or next, no pressure on him and no extra stresses. Love him to pieces :love: xxxx

Gosh - it is such hard work isn't it. Stick at it. It took us 3 rounds of fertility treatment to get our beautiful little girl - but she was worth every moment of heartache - and your little one will be too - promise. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back