Gynae referral?

Emma79

Reaction score
Just dropping in from TTC section with a question and wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation or has any advice?

Had a m/c last August and AF didn't show up afterwards. Had bloods taken by GP in November which were all normal and told to come back in six months if nothing had happened.

Since then I've had three AF's, with only one regular cycle (33 days) and the last one being 57 days.

Am going back to GP next week and just wondering if you think I could ask for a hospital referral, bearing in mind we've been TTC for over a year and that my hormones don't seem to be settling post m/c, which is what I was told last year?

It's so strange, my body seems to gear itself up for ovulation at the right time each month (CD20/21) but doesn't quite seem to manage it. Do you think medication would help? BTW my testosterone levels are normal so don't think I have PCOS but I am overweight and wonder if this is having an effect.

Thanks for reading x

Hi sorry i dont have any advice to give you but i just wanted to give ya a hug :hug: :hug:

I've just started my 11th cycle, am having other problems too but I asked to be referred last week and my doctor agreed with me it was about time. There's no harm in asking :)

I was jsut reading your post as your situation sounds like mine although I haven't had any investigation done yet.

How did you know your body geared itself up for Ov but it just didn't happen?

I am thinking about going to a family planning clinic as my GP isn't very supportive in doing any investigations

:wall:

:wave: Hi your situation sounds a lot like mine I had an early MC in October and since then my periods have been all over I have now had 3 as well, My doctor did some tests and said that they came back clear and I DON'T have pcos, I have just been this week to see a gyno who have said that I DO have pcos and now trying to find out what type. Like you I can feel my body gearing up for OV but just not happening. If I was you I would ask to get referred as you have been trying for a year and with your cycles not being regular.

I hope you get some answers and get your bfp :pray: :pray:

Thought I'd better come back and update as since as I first posted, things have changed. Should probably start by explaining that a week after posting, I got a BFP, which would explain why my AF didn't arrive! :oops: :oops: Which means that I did ov normally again the previous month. However, it still doesn't explain why my AF's took so long to arrive after m/c.

Unfortunately, I've since m/carried again and so am back to where I was almost a year ago - waiting for AF to turn up and desperate to start TTC again :wall: :wall: . It's such a frustrating situation to be in because even though we've been TTC for over a year, I have managed to fall pg twice so just don't think my GP will be prepared to refer me and I can't stand going to see her again only to be told to come back in 6 months if nothing's happened. Why can't they understand that this just causes more stress and heartache to an already difficult situation?

Clucky - it was just the month I had the 57 day cycle, I had ov pains and EWCM but obviously didn't release an egg at that time as AF didn't turn up until 5 weeks later, which must mean that ov was delayed for some reason by about 3 weeks. I did have a bit of a stressful time at work that month and so have put it down to that.

I am so sorry for your loss I did not see what date you started the topic I should always look first :oops:

Can you not go see a different doctor at the surgery? The first doctor I saw was awful just thought I was wasting her time as I was only on day 86 :roll: (Like that is normal stupid doctor!!) she really did not want to do any tests or anything and when I said about my early MC she just looked down at me :evil: :evil: I went to see a different doctor and he is fantastic he did loads of tests and referred me straight away even though we was only in month 10 of ttc.

Hope AF arrives for you soon or even better that you get a BFP. :pray: :pray:

Sending you loads of BABYDUST :hug: :hug:

I would go and try and see a sympathetic doctor.....every surgery usually has one!

Thanks for all your replies. Am thinking of asking to go back on the pill, just for a month as I've read that it can have a regulating effect on your hormones and might get my cycle back into a routine quicker than waiting for things to happen naturally - I'm just sooo impatient! Also, last time I came off the pill, we fell after 2 cycles so kinda hoping it might happen again, you never know.

A&J - been reading your post in TTC; like the sound of what Sandee said about the HSG and being more fertile, good luck with everything and hope you get some answers soon :hug: :hug:

Hun I am so sorry :(

I got my AF on day 55- not even sure I Ov'd. So am at day 2 of a new, and exhustingly long, cycle. I know what you mean about being impatent. Our time will come....

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back