Girl names- too much choice!!

Laura_C

Reaction score
Now we know we are having another little girl I know we are going to struggle naming her! Grace was hard enough to name but luckily when she was born we both agreed on Grace for her after seeing her little face :)

I love quite girly names but I think they have to be quite strong, nothing too sickly sweet iykwim?! I think Grace fits that bill perfectly, so hopefully that gives you an idea of the sort of names we like :)

So far we have:

Sophia/Sofia
Amelia
Megan
Katie/Kate/Cate
Abigail (Abi)
Ava
Freya
Camille

I could go on...! Have a load more but hubby isn't keen!

Some of these either one doesn't entirely agree on whether its a firm choice but I'm not totally opposed to any of them really! Name needs to go with surname Chidgey - I have been consider using Kate as a middle name but not set on that as generally we would prefer no middle names. Open to suggestions though....any help appreciated :)

As i said on fb Freya is deffinatly my favourite atm !

I really like freya or megan! Our LO was going to be megan But one of Our friends beat us to it so she ended up being Tegan! ava and sofia are really common here Atm theres 2 avas at baby group on a friday and i've got 2 friends with sofias! X

Ava, Freya and Sofia are my faves. Im 36 weeks preg on monday and we still dont have a name chosen girls names r so hard to choose, and we have Leah and Sophie allready so trying to get something that goes with those names is hard too we have a little list and think we r just going to wait till we see her x

Helena, my only female cousins name , so couldn't be used for me, but unusual and pretty too

We were going to call Devon - Marina, Penny , if he came out a girl, but I also liked Imogen too

Ooo I like Megan. I think thats girly but strong like you want it to be.

I forgot to add Seren to the above but OH isn't so sure, personally I love it due to the welsh connections in his family :)

I also have Sophia, Ava, and Amilie instead of Amelia on my shortlist. I also like Imogen and Aliyssia, but my niece is called Ellisha so can't have that as I think they sound too similar.

We were going to have Hannah if our boy had been a girl.

Hannah Kate Chidgey sounds nice! :)

We have a Hannah Chidgey already, and there is a Hannah on my side but I do love the name!! Do you think it matters?!

I love Helena, Jenni - very pretty!

Athena (pro. a theeeee na) , sorry if im stepping over the mark but it has ethan's initials in it and i think its a lovely name xx

I think you like similar names to me :)

Classically feminine but strong.

I'll tell you some on my list that i like but hubby didn't:
Rene
Imogen
Edith
Adele

Freya is lovely and goes well with your other little girl, Grace.

I teach a girl called Athena and she is stunning - olive skin and long dark hair. Definitely goddess like and suits the name to a tee!

Oooh LouiseB - I love all your names! Renee, Imogen and Adele were on my list and Edith was my Nana's name! How strange eh?

We can't have Imogen as our surname is Thomas and there's some bint in all the British tabloids with her boobies out with the exact same name! Hubby not keen on Renee as we know too many and he's not convinced by Adele either...might have to twist his arm there though.

Laura - Adele is lovely with Grace too!

We have a Hannah Chidgey already, and there is a Hannah on my side but I do love the name!! Do you think it matters?!

I love Helena, Jenni - very pretty!

Depends, if the other Hannah is a child/teenager and you're close then yeah it'd probably be a bit confusing. If it's an adult then i'd go for it. My OH's Brother is called Paul and so is their Uncle and it never bothered either of them! :) x

Love Freya.. Also love Ava which is quite common nowadays but shouldn't stop you if you like it :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back