What's your thoughts.....?

Gayle30

Reaction score
OH and I decided very early on with names. Since we were told the baby is a girl she will be Daisy Grace. Grace is special to me as that's my grandmothers name but we can't have it as a first name due to step niece (well kind of, not officially yet) having the same name. So we decided on Daisy Grace which we adore!

Anyway, my question is do you think it's better to have Daisy as first name and Grace as middle or is it cute sounding as Daisy Grace and making the two names her first name? Get me?

I'm inclined to say I love Daisy Grace but worry that people will become lazy and just say Daisy. OH says it would bebetter just Daisy for that reason.

Just wondered what others thought? Xxxx

Love it!

Like you say, even if you did call her Daisy Grace people would just shorten it to Daisy anyway so I would go with Daisy as her first name.

Love Daisy Grace as a first name!
I think while she is little if you insist on calling her by her full name others will do the same, unfortunately we cant control what people will call them once they are older LOL :)
And if it does then get shortened to Daisy then so be it??
Daisy Grace is super cute and girlie.love it :)

What a gorgeous name!!! Absolutely love it!

As the others say, unfortunately people will shorten her name anyway when she's older.

I love the name, but think you'd have alot of people shorten it to just daisy, but why not officially make daisy grace her full name then as she gets older if she wants to enforce it she can. I have a friend who has a double barrelled name and although when she was young we just called her Amy, as she got older, she preserved and now everyone calls her by her full name without thinking about it x

Daisy grace is a gorgeous name, my name is double barrelled but the odd thing is my family only call me amy where as people who don't know me use my full name.

Xx

Beautiful name! My lo is Lily Marie first name, she's nowlilsB we couldn't keep it up! X

If i was having a girl i was thinking lilly grace, so pritty names :)) xx

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

I'm pretty sure I want her first name to be Daisy Grace, just need to persuade Daddy now!

I've had things embroidered from the Disney shop online with her full name. So maybe I always thought that we'd call her that and as she gets older let her decide on her own? It must be the perfect name as we have never once thought of anything else! Eeeeeeek, so excited I get to use my lovely granny's name! :) family is everything to me. Xxxxx

Lovely!!! Such a perfect name...!!!
Grace is a family name for me, my mums called Grace, and her Gran etc...xxx

Thank you lolly. Still not sure about what to do but that's her name in some form lol xx

I darent pick a name yet as sayin it constantly im going off it lol xx

I've never felt like that with Daisy, must be the perfect name for her :) xx

OH and I decided very early on with names. Since we were told the baby is a girl she will be Daisy Grace. Grace is special to me as that's my grandmothers name but we can't have it as a first name due to step niece (well kind of, not officially yet) having the same name. So we decided on Daisy Grace which we adore!

Anyway, my question is do you think it's better to have Daisy as first name and Grace as middle or is it cute sounding as Daisy Grace and making the two names her first name? Get me?

I'm inclined to say I love Daisy Grace but worry that people will become lazy and just say Daisy. OH says it would bebetter just Daisy for that reason.

Just wondered what others thought? Xxxx

I agree that people will shorten it, as ive got older i use my middle name more so its up to you and her, you could have daisy as just her first name but u can call her daisygrace, i like it

Daddy says he would only call her Daisy....he's lazy! But all my family are used to having 2 names, I get Gayle Margaret all the time which I dislike but that's cause Margaret is such an old name! Lol!

Eeeeek I don't know! Xxx

Not a fan of Daisy - i always think of the cow daisy in pantomimes daisy daisy give me your answer due... Sorry xx

Thats ok - everyone likes something different! Wouldn't do if we all called our babies the same!

Ive never hear of that before so it doesnt put me off! Its decided anyway, just need to decide what to do about the Grace part. Although I think I already know!

Id go with Daisy Grace - then if it got shortened to Daisy then so be it - best of both worlds.

Id go with Daisy Grace - then if it got shortened to Daisy then so be it - best of both worlds.

Think that's my plan! Will convince daddy and all will be fine! Hehe! He can stick to calling her Daisy if he likes but I looooooove Daisy Grace. Xxx

and then when your at the docs it will come up as Daisy grace and all paperwork/letters will say Daisy grace! She probably will get shortened to Daisy but at least down on paper and formally it will be daisy grace! xx if you just have daisy it really will just be daisy because people hardly ever use middle names xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back