ghd strighteners - worth the money or not?

jenna

Reaction score
When i get my hair cut they use GHD strighteners on my hair and it looks fab! the ones i use were only £25 and dont make my hair look as good.

Are ghd's worth the money? I saw some 2nd hand ones on ebay that were on over £50 and people were still bidding! :shock:

Are there any others that are just as good? maybe a bit cheaper? I have really thick horrible hair and if i dont strighten it i look like i havent brushed it :shock: :rotfl: eeek!

Hi Jenna

GHD's are the business! I bought mine five years ago and they cost £87 back then. I've used them almost every day since, and they are still going strong. I've tried other ceramic straighteners but you just can't beat the GHD's, that's why all the salons use them.
Mine have paid for themselves a hundred times over, definitely a worthwhile investment.

:wave:

i buy some hair straightners from the hair warehouse (where the hairdressers buy theres from) cant remember which make they are but they are near enough like GHD's - and they only cost around £25-30 - they are fantastic Jenna i woldnt bother getting GHDs they are just the same! :D

Definatly! I have only got a cheapie pair - but my sister has GHDs and the difference is amazing!
I am going to ask santa for some this christmas

x
x

I had GHD's and I hated them!! I know have Bablyss ones that you can control the temp of which are great - I need them on the highest setting to control my curls!!

i had ghds for 2yrs but they blew up last month, they broke last year too after a year and oh had to solder them together again

i bought some h2d straighteners for 35 off ebay and tbh theyre identical and a hell of a lot cheaper, plus you get the 2yr guarantee which ghd dont offer

id say get them h2d ones and if your not happy they give you a 14day money back guarantee

Sassyminx said:
i bought some h2d straighteners for 35 off ebay and tbh theyre identical and a hell of a lot cheaper, plus you get the 2yr guarantee which ghd dont offer

id say get them h2d ones and if your not happy they give you a 14day money back guarantee

Iv just looked these up on ebay and they seem really good. I might ask the birthday fairy for some and if they arnt what im after then send them back and try some ghd's.

:hug: Thanks every one.

My step-daughter had cheap ones for years (because they were pink!!) and last year finally working full time upgraded to the GHD's. OMG she totally raves about them non-stop and all her mates ask to borrow them when they all go out for the evening etc...I have no need for them my hair is poker straight anyway but she loves them completely so I think yes by her reaction to them they must be worth the money.

Sassyminx said:
i had ghds for 2yrs but they blew up last month, they broke last year too after a year and oh had to solder them together again

I have these one too!
Plus i was the same as sassyminx, i had a pair of GHDs before the h2d and they actually sparked and went on fire when i was holding them up at my hair :shock: , they were only a year old. I sent htem back to GHD and they said it was due to general wear and tear and i would have to pay £50 to get thew fixed :evil: .
The H2d are just as good as they have the same max temperature as GHDs and you can turn it lower if you dont need it too be too high (better for your hair). At £35 they worth the money, ive had mine for 2 years and still no problems with them. :D

I love my GHD's and they have been excellent, had them around 2 years and never had a problem and I use them everyday. Tried lots of other brands but havent found any as good as GHD so far :) x

little*red said:
Sassyminx said:

I have these one too!
Plus i was the same as sassyminx, i had a pair of GHDs before the h2d and they actually sparked and went on fire when i was holding them up at my hair :shock: , they were only a year old. I sent htem back to GHD and they said it was due to general wear and tear and i would have to pay £50 to get thew fixed :evil: .
The H2d are just as good as they have the same max temperature as GHDs and you can turn it lower if you dont need it too be too high (better for your hair). At £35 they worth the money, ive had mine for 2 years and still no problems with them. :D

GHDs are good but imho value for money those h2d are even better and just as hot

will h2d's make my hair look the same as GHD's do? Because i have 2 pairs of strighteners at home, one are nicky clarks and im not sure about the others but there really well known brand. Both of them are good for people with thin hair but when i use them on mine my hair is just thinner and wavy. With the GHD's its dead dead stright...which is what im after. Will h2d's do the same as GHD's do you think? :think:

jenna said:
will h2d's make my hair look the same as GHD's do? Because i have 2 pairs of strighteners at home, one are nicky clarks and im not sure about the others but there really well known brand. Both of them are good for people with thin hair but when i use them on mine my hair is just thinner and wavy. With the GHD's its dead dead stright...which is what im after. Will h2d's do the same as GHD's do you think? :think:

i had ghds for 2yrs, and i loved them so much, and the h2ds give exactly the same effect, my hair is poker straight as it was with ghds, i used my mil's babyliss and they were crap, the h2ds defo aint

plus if you dont like em u can get a refund

ghds your paying for the label imo and like mine, when they break after a year your out of guarantee, h2ds have 2yr guarantee :cheer:

yeah thats what i was worried about, i read a lot of stories a while ago about them setting on fire, i think they were on watch dog or something. And i know there very popular and like a lot of popular brands you pay for the label.
I just want to not have stupid 80's disco hair and have dead stright pretty hair :wall: Makes me feel a lot better about myself when my hair is pretty.
Im not botherd what they are as long as they do the job, but i know GHD's are good because the salon i go to use them.
:hug:

GHD's are fab!

mine have lasted for 3 years so far and going strong! :D

GHDs are the best straighteners on the market. I've got the thin (for curling hair) and wide plate ones and have had them for 4 years. They are still working perfectly.

this is me with brushed hair:

Image030.jpg

Ewwww!

and me with strightened hair (GHD's)

DSCF3734.jpg

:cheer: i love the 2nd one!

without a doubt get some!!there brilliant!there are some good cheaper versions on the market but id stick with ghd's..there an investment!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back