Need a quick recomendation on hair straighteners

Hazel

Reaction score
I want some new hair straighteners. Got very thick hair so my cheapie ones from Tesco just don't do much. Any reccomendatiopns before I go shopping this afternoon. Are GHD worht the money?

GHD FTW!!!

fookin excellent, couldnt live without em!! :wink:

ghd are expensive - cheaper brands are just as good :)

babyliss 230 (or any other brand with solid ceramic plates that heat to 230 degrees) do the job just as well on my unruly curly frizzy mop :D :D

Soild ceramic is what I need to look for? I'm hoping to see if there are any sales on straighteners this afternoon in the town :D .

I've had various brands but GHD are definitely the best and worth every penny (not that I paid for mine - sent hubby out to get them for my birthday :lol: ).

To put it another way - with my last set of straighteners (think they were Remington Wet to Straight ones) it took me about 30 minutes to get my hair even remotely straight, and for proper poker straight I had to section it and do it a tiny bit at a time - which took forever. GHDs can get my hair poker straight in 10-15 minutes.

there is a thread in health reccommending some makes and take a look in superdrug it has upto 90% off today :D

aramintalovegrove said:
there is a thread in health reccommending some makes and take a look in superdrug it has upto 90% off today :D

90% off :shock: . I must be mad going into the town but I REALLY want decent hair straighteners :lol: .

Ive been this morning already as stupidly booked an eye appointment for this morning. I was suprised I got a parking space really easy :shock: it was busy but just like a saturday not like xmas eve, hope its the same at your end :D

Hazel said:
Soild ceramic is what I need to look for? I'm hoping to see if there are any sales on straighteners this afternoon in the town :D .

solid ceramic and heat to above 230 degrees is what you need to look for - as advised by my mate who is creative director for NE england at toni & guy :D

I must have tried every high temp ceramic straightener known to man and only GHDs cut it for me (I have very thick and quite frizzy hair). If it wasn't for my GHDs I'd have a ginger afro.

GHD's are the only way. I have the thick ones and have for 2 years with no faults, wouldn't recommend the thin ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back