hair straighteners for fine thin hair!

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
My hair is naturally straight (ish) and very very fine... the cheapo straighteners I have don't actually do anything more than drying it carefully does. My sisters expensive ones (not sure what they are) make my hair really straight and soooo silky and lovely...

is it worth me getting myself some more expensive ones? Are there any that are particularly good for hair like mine??

p.s. i've been inspired by kirsty's GHD talk...lol

IMO GHD's are the best
and worth the money (if you can afford them)
and they do last, they don't break easily
(the amount of times ive dropped mine :lol: )

I agree GHDs are fab! I have very fine hair (well I did before I had LO - it's a bit thicker at the mo) and it's quite straight. I love my GHDs. They stop all the frizz / kinks that occur with rain, mist fog etc!

Definitely worth an investment! :D

Gene
xxx

Yep gotta agree with the other girls, GHDs are the best, i love mine. They are so worth the money.

GHD's are amazing and well worth the money.

i would never get any other make now :D

it may seem like a lot of money initially, but well worth it! i've had mines for 5 years now :shock: never a problem with them :)

my hair hates being straightened - its fine but there's lots of it, and its naturally curly but prone to frizz...

i use babyliss pro 230 straighteners now, and they're every bit as good as GHDs - i love them, and they're a fraction of the cost.

as long as you get straighteners with solid ceramic plates (not plated) and that heat above 220 degrees, then they should be pretty good

:D :D

OOOH! Cool i may invest then... and tell OH 'oh they were only £25' afterall, he won't have a clue :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

hehe.

Where is the best place to get GHDS?

OMG I bought my GHD's yesterday and they are TOTALLY worth it!!!

I even told OH how much they cost, took him all night to get over the shock :rotfl:

BabyBee said:

you can order them online

also most good hairdressers sell them
just ring your regular hairdressers and ask if they have any :)

lemon_sponge said:
BabyBee said:

you can order them online

also most good hairdressers sell them
just ring your regular hairdressers and ask if they have any :)

my sister is my regular hairdresser...lol. I've never been to a salon :oops:
but i'll have a look around! thanks everyone!

I recommend you a great hair straightener that works amazing, it's the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it has tourmaline ceramic plates that cause less damage to the hair than the others, it heats up to 460F for all hair textures, it's dual voltage, plus it keeps the hair soft, shiny and very straight. I luv it !! If you are interested you can check it out online at rylees. :)
Good luck girl :D

GHDs any day!! I bought my first pair 5 years ago and they broke last summer and I had abused them and never really looked after them properly. Bought some more and hopefully they will last just as long if not longer! :) x

I also have very fine hair and I use GHDs, but have to be careful not to overdo it, otherwise my hair gets impossibly dry and straw-like.

GHD's are the way forward!! I've had mine about 4/5 years now and still going strong!! I had a pair for a couple of years before this, and only had to replace them because my mum stood on them and they snapped (shes not a heffer, just stood on them right where they join, iykwim?) I actually sellotaped them back together at one point and they still worked!!

The problem with ghd's is you can't adjust the temperature-if your hair is really fine then it won't be necessary to straighten at a high heat all the time and will cause unnecessary damage and breakage-ice diamond straighteners are as good as ghd's in my opinion and have adjustable thermostat and are slightly cheaper at retail price-a lot cheaper wholesale x

I have fine hair and GHDs have always worked best, mainly because they are so hot that I only have to go over my hair once and it's done, whereas other cooler ones I've had in the past really dried my hair out bad by going over and over it to get it straight.

Have straightened my hair for about 10 years now and really want to get it back to its natural state. My hairdresser said only way is to stop straightening and it will go back eventually... I'm scared of this lol I've tried scrunching my hair and it goes wavy like it should naturally but then soon as it's dry it falls straight :wall2: I've broken my hair lol

My hairs are wvy and i want them to get straightened....Can you recommend what type of GHD products you use..???

I have the same problem I cant put a curl into my hair except with the ghd's and my herstyler straighteners. The herstyler ones are cheaper than ghd's and I got mine off eBay (I also have the curling wand too).

To make the hairs strong and long. Vitamin E is very good and the best source Coconut oil olive and the mustard oil is also good for this purpose just massage in the hairs almost 20 minutes and was it. Do this daily and get strong and log hairs...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back