Getting To Know You

Name: Helen
Relationship status: married (same-sex)

How long until TTC: 4 months
Reasons for WTT: I want to finish my studies, and we've also just started up our own business so need to give that some time.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Gain a really good understanding of my cycle before home insem.
How many children would you like: 2/3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Would like both, but particularly a girl.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Team yellow!
Any names you like? Yes but they're top secret 😉

This is just a random idea I just had, so feel free to delete this, but it feels like "Getting to Know You" is a more than just a child thread of Spam, and it's a bit irksome when the Spam forum looks like it has a new post only for that post to be in GTKY.

Name: Anna
Relationship status: Living with the Soulmate. ;)

How long until TTC: 41 days
Reasons for WTT: After Two years in Long distance relatinship I moved to UK to my Partner last March. We decided to wait a Year before we try for a baby for me to find steady job, get my daughter here ( I have a 9yo daughter from my previous relationship) and let her settle in.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: If I could I would gladly get my weight down a bit, but as lately I've been gaining weight with just looking at food, Its doubtfull. :wall2:

How many children would you like: 3 in total (One here, Two to go)

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I don't mind either (Though my Other Half wants a son)
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Finding out
Any names you like? Alex (Short for either Alexandra or Alexander)

I used to come on here a lot but haven't been on for ages so thought I'd do this to re-introduce myself :)

Name: Katie
Relationship status: Living with my partner

How long until TTC: Unsure, hopefully by the end of this year
Reasons for WTT: I own my own business and want a bit longer to move things along, plus my youngest only turned 1 last October :)
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Make my business more successful, buy the amazing house we are currently renting, get toned and fit.
How many children would you like: 3 (already have 2)

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No, I have one of each at the moment
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Team Yellow, we didn't find out with our daughter and it was great
Any names you like? Theo Jack or Freddie Jack for a boy and currently Emilia Rose, Piper Rose or Matilda Rose for a girl (that will change though as we find girls names a nightmare) :)

Last edited:
Name: Kay
Relationship status: living with partner

How long until TTC: Was hoping for early summer, but now more likely to be end of the year.
Reasons for WTT: wanting to get settled in new home and save some money.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: I'd like to increase my health, and lose some weight.
How many children would you like: 2 or 3

When pg

Do you have a gender preference: I don't mind.
Finding out the gender or team yellow: I'd like to be team yellow, but I imagine I'll probably decide to find out.
Any names you like: A few, mostly boys names.

Last edited:
Name: Jordan
Relationship status: In a Relationship

How long until TTC: 4 months
Reasons for WTT: I wanted to finish my studies and get a new job and I also have to travel abroad for work in May so we decided to start after that
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: to eat healthier and make sure my body is nice and healthy for TTC
How many children would you like: 3

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No, I'm happy with either sex
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I would love to be team yellow, but I don't know if I could manage to not ask
Any names you like? A few, but my OH is very difficult to persuade so I'll probably not get my own way, haha

Name: Maria

Relationship status: Soon to be living with partner

How long until TTC: Maybe a few years, no set time.

Reasons for WTT:
- Need us time first with me moving to be with him soon.
- Need to get his career sorted out. And me earning more.
- He needs a vasectomy reversal to even try. :-(

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC:
- Get healthier and lose some weight.
- Have time with my partner just us and get more used to his kids when they visit weekly.
- Have some fun.
- Try not to go crazy with all this in my head and wondering what if all the time.

How many children would you like: 2

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Girl first choice as my partner has two boys already and one girl, and I'd love to have a girl, but I'd love a boy as well. Would like one of each.

Finding out the gender or team yellow? Would like the surprise, but don't know if I could wait to find out.

Any names you like? Lots but knowing my luck I'll never have a baby. Faith or maybe Hope for a girl though, as that's what we'd have to have to even try.

Name: Zoe
Relationship status: Single

How long until TTC: Not sure
Reasons for WTT: Single, PCOS, looking into my options (need sperm donor)
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Lose 3 stone.
How many children would you like: 1 or twins

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would love a little girl but would be just as happy with a boy.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Team yellow!
Any names you like? Sophie, Ruby, Thomas, Louis.

Name: Emma

Relationship status: Married

How long until TTC: A month(ish)

Reasons for WTT:
Am in the middle of a pack of pills, so I thought it would make more sense to get to the end of a pack rather than stop in the middle.

Finish a few bits for our house (crafty things) so that I'm not having to juggle those later!

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference?
Not really... whenever I've imagined having children they've been girls, but I feel that's more because most young children/babies in my family over the last 10 years have been girls so I'm more used to that. Husband's family has mostly had boys though, so I've thought about that more and more recently (plus we have some lovely names for boys)!

Finding out the gender or team yellow?
Spent most of my adulthood saying I'd want to find out, but now it's actually a real possibility that I'll have a baby in the next couple of years, I'm leaning more towards the surprise!

Any names you like?
Many! We totally agree on boy's names but not so much for girls!:roll:

Name: Sparklegirl

How long until TTC: a month or two hopefully
Reasons for WTT: I am having tests to see what my gynae problems actually are and if it might affect my fertility. I also need to improve my diet and lose some weight
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Lose as much weight to make everything as healthy as possible and lower my blood pressure
How many children would you like: Just the one

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? I would love a girl
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I will probably find out
Any names you like? There are a couple we are thinking of

Name: Charlene

I have 2 children Andrew aged 5 and Cabhan aged 3 and 20 weeks pregnant with my little girl Alana x

Hello, new here!

Name: misskth
Relationship status: together 13 years, engaged for 10

How long until TTC: a few months
Reasons for WTT: improving health, saving money
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Get my body in a much better condition and get a few other things in life sorted.

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? no
Finding out the gender or team yellow? finding out
Any names you like? I am starting a list... :)

Name: BBiM
Relationship status: married

How long until TTC: Jan/ Feb 2017
Reasons for WTT: living overseas so research on hospitals and care taking time
How many children would you like: 1 or 2

Do you have a gender preference? No
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Yellow
Any names you like? Lots keeping quiet for now

Name: Brittany

How long until TTC: 2 months / January 2017
Reasons for WTT: Holiday travels
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Just to stay healthy
How many children would you like: One or two

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference?: No preference but we'd both love a girl
Finding out the gender or team yellow?: Definitely finding out the gender
Any names you like?: We love the name Ava

Name: Kaydee

How long until TTC: December 2017

Reasons for WTT:
Getting off BC in 5 days - using BBT for NTNP - I want to address any fertility issues now before actively trying. Using BBT will help me to establish whether ovulation is taking place and having my cycle as normal as possible post BC before TTC will ease some of the pressure
Also, DH wants to go skiing in December hence why we are only TTC then. He doesn't want to risk me being pregnant and falling for fear that we might lose the baby if I were pregnant by then

- I want to eat healthier and exercise more often
- Have ridiculously good looking skin with no pimples (LOL just haaad to throw that in there)
- I just want to make sure that my body is in the best possible shape so that I can give my little bundle the best possible start in life
- Also, it would be great getting to know my body and how it works in its unique way

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference?
Ideally I would like a boy first then a girl. I love the idea of having an older brother to look after his younger sister but either way, all is in God's capable hands. For them to be healthy and happy is all that matters to me in the end.

Finding out the gender or team yellow?
I'm definitely team yellow! I loooove surprises!!

Any names you like?
My son will be Melchior and my daughter Melandri

Name: Sev

How long until TTC: Will stop BC in the summer but wont actively try until August/September 2018
Reasons for WTT: Want to get well into my studies before trying, need to structure my life and get my finances in shape.
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: Fix up the house, get good results in exams, get healthy in body and soul. I need to be at my best to help my baby have the best start in life.
How many children would you like: 2 or 4 (depending on how well I deal with the first 2)

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? No
Finding out the gender or team yellow? I would want to know, but I am a fan of gender-neutral baby stuff. Have friends who have been told they were having a girl and ended up having a boy. Also it is nice to not force gender stereotypes on babies.
Any names you like? Isaac and Anne.

An easy way to get to know one other, f free to answer as much, as as little as you like!

Name: Amanda (Dawson is preferred nickname)
Relationship status: committed relationship (unmarried)

How long until TTC: at least 1 year
Reasons for WTT: waiting for financial/housing stability (currently living in student housing)
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: healthier lifestyle, lose 10-15kg, move in with partner
How many children would you like: 1 to start but I do want 2 eventually

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Nope.
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Team yellow
Any names you like? Liam and Tara

Name: Jules

Relationship status: married

How long until TTC: Oct 2018

Reasons for WTT: waiting for daughter (3) to start school

Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT- lose weight and get fitter!

How many children would you like: 3, I have 2 already

Do you have a gender preference? Genuinely no!

Finding out the gender or team yellow? Yellow, we found out with my boy and girl, this time I'd like a surprise!

Any names you like? Poppy, Louis (before it was stolen by a certain beautiful little Prince!)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Name: Auburn

How long until TTC: soon please!
Reasons for WTT: I am diabetic and my doctor wants my blood glucose to be under better control
Anything you want to accomplish while in WTT, before TTC: lose a bit of weight and have a couple more "just us" nights out..
How many children would you like: 1

when pg...

Do you have a gender preference? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Either would be fine!!
Finding out the gender or team yellow? Would like to know in advance
Any names you like? We have names :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back