Gender rudeness!!!

Cherrybelly

Reaction score
Hi all

I had a private gender scan today and am thrilled to be having another healthy baby girl. When I told my dad, he said "Nevermind!" Like it was disappointing as I already have a daughter. Why can't people be pleased and why do they assume everyone wants one of each??! I feel so upset :( xxx

Try not to let it bother you (easier said than done, I know). No one will think that way once baby is here. The main thing is that you are happy and so is your baby. Congratulations again xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Urghhh some people don't think about what they're saying.
Like you say she's healthy and she's yours. Not everyone wants one of each.
Congratulations though!!! I have 3 sisters and it's awesome having that sibling connection with the same gender xx

Thanks ladies. I'm one of four girls so I think it's great. I can't stop crying, stupid hormones! X

Nevermind?! How rude. I am in total agreement with the other, it's a beautiful healthy little girl. I would LOVE another girl! He will come round, very insensitive thing to say though xx

Sounds like he's very old fashioned. - like back in the day when it was so important to have a son to carry on the name etc. I'm sure you're hurt but I'm sure he didn't purposefully say it to upset you. Chin up sweetie x

I'd be just as thrilled to have another little boy for my son, people do assume that you want one of each and you can't be happy with two of the same, a beautiful happy health baby is what we all want gender is an afterthought of not really any importance

Sorry this has upset you so much, people can be thoughtless sometimes.

It's a bit of a running joke for us because my parents already have 4 grandsons so the 'pressure' for our bump to be a girl is already quite high at just 13 weeks. I said to hubby that I wanted to find out the gender so that we could prepare them if it's another boy (which we would be thrilled with!) as I would hate the reaction you got to happen once our baby was here, but he really doesn't want to know the gender & so we're just not going to let it bother us. We know that really having a healthy baby is all that will matter to them when it comes to the crunch, but it's hard to hear stuff like you did today isn't it?!

I'd be just as thrilled to have another little boy for my son, people do assume that you want one of each and you can't be happy with two of the same, a beautiful happy health baby is what we all want gender is an afterthought of not really any importance

Exactly! All I want is a little mate for my daughter, and after all we've been through to get here, I dunno why people can't just be happy. I know he'll love her, but it just really upset me xxxx

Maybe he meant never mind what you are having.. as in as long as he or she is healthy.... (I'm trying to spin it into a positive, is it working?)

I'm pregnant with #2 and my in laws have 3 grandsons, my MIL has clearly expressed her desire for a granddaughter and has said 'we are relying on you!'
I have no preference this time, well actually I think I'm leaning more towards another boy for a brother for my son but overall I'm really not bothered on the gender. We will find out and if ANYONE says anything like that about #2 I will go insane. Lol!

X

Awh Cherry he sounds old fashioned! Was probably trying to make you feel better maybe because they thought that's what you wanted. I would have been the same tho and probably cried. I cried because I ran out of sugar earlier and then because my boyfriend talked over me. Hormones ha! Hope your ok and congratulations xx

Awk how crap of them! Frig them. Two girls is the best Ive three Sisters no brothers and wouldnt have it any other way!!

A vwry very big congratulations :):)

Men especially tend not to think before they speak. Its been more males that have suggested Id want one of each. I'm thrilled to be having another boy.

I wasn't fussed a girl would be a change but a boy is a wee buddy for Jackson plus we are familiar with a boy now so hopefully not much big change. BiL has 3 girls and was desperate for a boy and his last was a girl and now I'm having another boy mil says it probably bother him. Its bothered sil because she is jealous at everything. But I couldn't be arsed who is or isn't happy.

We are over the moon. Try ignore others and enjoy your happiness and healthy baby girl.

xxxx

Last edited:
My sister had this when she was expecting her second boy so fit this reason we didn't find out! Out popped our dd2 and we were absolutely made up having two girls! But even when people met her they were like 'Do you think you'll have another to see if you can get a boy?' - takes all my will power not to smash them in the face! X

I think it's lovely to have two of the same as they'll be close. Plus, like others have said I know what I'm doing with a girl lol. I'd have been happy if it was a boy too, I just wanted to be able to say he or she. Thanks for all of your kind words xxx

Hope you're feeling better this morning. I'm sure your dad didn't mean to hurt you, I think men just covet having a male to carry on the name and be the head of the family lol
Congrats on your pink bundle :pink:

Hope you're feeling better this morning. I'm sure your dad didn't mean to hurt you, I think men just covet having a male to carry on the name and be the head of the family lol
Congrats on your pink bundle :pink:

Feeling a lot better thanks. I was so exhausted and stressed out yesterday so got a bit sensitive I think. I'm sure he'll love her when she's here and didn't mean to upset me. Off to the sainsburys sale to buy some small things this morning lol X

Happy shopping xx post us a pic to show off the cuteness xx

I get this I'm expecting my 3rd baby and it is another girl so I will have 3 girls we are extremely happy but when u tell people we always get awww I bet u were trying for a boy? No we werent! We wanted another baby and we got one SIMPLE!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back