Gender rudeness!!!

aww congratulations :)

ignore the comments, I have a 2 year old son and I am expecting twin boys and everyone keeps saying I will try for a girl ... which I won't ... don't get me wrong a little girl would have been lovely but at the end of the day we are all here to have a baby or 2 and all we want is a healthy bundle of joy at the end of the pregnancy :) x

When my second son was born my uncle said " never mind - third time lucky eh?" !!!! Anyway now I am pregnant with my third son and I am getting a little tired of the looks of horror on people faces when I tell them. This is my mums 7th and final grandson. She really wanted it to be her first granddaughter . I do sometimes feel like I have let family members down. But in my mind I actually do prefer being around little boys and secretly am relieved. I already have a name for him and it's like he has always been there in the background . But no one will understand that coz the ideal is to have each gender . I will fantasies about buying little girl clothes tho !! ( boys cloths so boring!!) and styling a girls hair but it's just a fantasy not an obsession

Awww, don't feel guilty.. Remember, the gender is decided by the sperm, not the egg, so it's not your fault. I actually think it's nicer to have the same sex.. Plus, we only have two bedrooms, so it's much more practical! One day, your boys may give you granddaughters and you can do their hair and buy them pretty outfits lol xxxx

Before we knew the sex of my baby I asked my dad if he'd prefer a grandson or a granddaughter while joking around. He quite confidently said granddaughter which shocked me a little. I was thinking he would say 'either as long as it's healthy'. Well, when we told him it would be a boy, he said 'Oh, I wouldn't know what to do with a boy!'.
This wasn't the reaction I was expecting, but I've put it down to the fact he brought up me and my 3 sisters on his own and he's never had contact with baby boys. I think he'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

I should add that growing up he bought us train sets, took us camping and hunting for bugs and bought games for our games console that were about racing and flight simulation! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back