Frozen embryo transfer

BUGGY82

Reaction score
Has anyone done this and know the success rates compared with fresh ICSI cycle?

Hello Buggy, I did this, well didn't have the transfer in the end as my little frozen blasto baby didn't suvive the thaw...

I know that only 10 percent of ladys doing ivf or icsi are lucky enougth to end their cycles with any frozen embies.. I was one of them. Sadley 10 percent of frozen embies. blastocysts, will not survive the defrost.. which mine fell into too.

If you get them after a ivf or icsi cycle then brilliant, added bonus, second string in reserve if you like incase of failed cycle or succesful cycle then you may have sibling chances from frozen ones later on..

I believe the rates are vry simular, if not better than the normal fresh ivf or icsi cycle as your body is not full of hormones and has not recently been through forced menopause and stimming..

I was having a natural Frozen embie transfer, as my cycles are very regular, if not regular you wil need medicated cycle, taking the same sort of time as a fresh cycle, but apparently just thesame percentage of results, (my lab did a study, but not published yet, showing no difference in natural and medicated, just which suits you). I had high hopes as I can rely on being regular from my body and it doesn't like drugs...

Are you going to have IVF/ICSI or FET at some point?

I believe Greekgirl is is startign her FET now , so may be worth popping in the ivf/isci thread in lttc section to chat...

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and sorry to hear your blasto babe fell in to the 10% :-(
I had a successful fresh ICSI cycle in 2011 and now have a beautiful 6 month old son. I'm planning for his sibling, hense the question on FET. I have 4 Blastsocysts frozen so I'm hoping i might be lucky enough to get a second try if the 1st doesn't work and that they all defrost ok but were not going ahead until April when my cycles should hopefully be back to normal after finishing breastfeeding. I'll be having a medicated FET as my clinic doesn't do natural ones or if they do we weren't offered it, which is fine with me as the drugs didn't effect me badly last time.
Good luck on your TTC journey!

Oh wow, you have 4 blastos!!! that's incredible...... were they all frozen indiviually so you can have upto 4 attempts?

Might be worth knowing, from my ovf I actually only got early blasts, not full ones, so I had one early blast put back and it didn't make it , (they wouldn't put two back as I have had many sections! despite me arguing the point to give me more chance as they were not full blastos, and paying for my cycle!)
Anyway so the next day I got the call saying that one of the remaining ones had made it to blasto, but on day 6, so I'm thinking it was much slower so lesser quality, it was a 4bc grade so average too.

As you have 4 , I'm guessing they were day 5 blastos when frozen and bet they have a very good chance of survival...

good luck X

Hi , as Jj said I am starting my frozen cycle on 2-2-13 . Picking up my meds on Friday . Good luck with urs ! I have 2 frozen and will be thawed together and if both survive both be out back.

We had 6 in total but 2 were used to concieve my son and the others are all 5 day blastos. I had hypostimulation and produced 23 eggs so was really pleased all the sickness was worth it. They were frozen individually so hopefully we'll get 2 attempts as long as they agree to put 2 back in.
Why does havin a section limit the number they put in?? I had a section so hoping I can still get 2 transferred.
Good luck with your cycle Greekgirl, let me know how it goes!!

We had 6 in total but 2 were used to concieve my son and the others are all 5 day blastos. I had hypostimulation and produced 23 eggs so was really pleased all the sickness was worth it. They were frozen individually so hopefully we'll get 2 attempts as long as they agree to put 2 back in.
Why does havin a section limit the number they put in?? I had a section so hoping I can still get 2 transferred.
Good luck with your cycle Greekgirl, let me know how it goes!!

Just to say sure yourll be fine for the two back, I have had 4 c-sections so a bit of a mess on paper! ha I could totally see their point , but It wasn't twins I was after , I wanted a higher chance of a sucess with limited funds and being 39..:wall2:

Sure one section is counted as totally normal - push for it anyway.. Wish i had insisted, I mean I was paying.... Bet it would have survived if back then and not frozen you see..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back