Freya Tegan birth story and pic - 18July **added pic p3

Duds

Reaction score
Hey :wave:

I have to say im so relieved its all over and in one piece still !

On monday 16th July as some of you know i was getting early labour symptoms , by 6pm i was in complete agony with a constant cramp pain, my DH was worried so called the hosp who told me to go in to be checked. By the time i was seen the pain had subsided (typical) and i was checked over to be told i was 2cm dilated and having some contractions which suprised me as i really didnt think i was having any as the other pain just took over any other feeling.
I went home and started having reg contractions about 8/10mins apart most of the night, then by morning they stopped :x
I was knackered from being at the hosp til late and up most night so felt rough all day, i spoke to my MW who told me this is quite common and could last days :( so i tried to rest as much as poss all day.
By 7pm the contractions returned at approx 7mins apart so i took myself off to bed, by midnight the pain suddenly became pretty bad so on went the tens and dh called my mum to come and look after Aimee. he then called the hosp and told them the contractions were 5min apart (we were told we would need to leave at this time) they spoke to me and treated me like i was a complete pain in the arse telling me the usual bull to go have a hot bath and some sleep as i'll prob be in in the morn ! yeah right as if anyone can sleep through that! She told me to not go in til they were 2-3mins apart... within 20mins they jumped to 3mins so my dh called the hosp back and told them we were coming in (even tho i didnt want to)

We arrived at 3am and luckly went straight into a room although they were extreemly busy so i was left there for half hour before someone came to see me. they checked me over and i was 5cm so told i could stay.
Now comes the fun part...!

I was asked what i'd like for pain relief so i said prob an epdrual to which i was told no chance as they were too busy ... what? :twisted: :twisted:
I then felt quite panicked as it didnt seem to be an option, i was basically told all that i could have was gas and air .... what can you do..?
by 6am i couldnt handle anymore and desperatly wanted some relief, the midwife was only coming in every 10-15mins as she was attending other people so it was basically me and dh on our own.
I was told id be checked over again at 730 as they were waiting for my waters to break...
i started to get the urge of wanting a poo which i didnt know was a sign of pushing as no one was there, when i did tell the MW she just kept saying "dont push" i'll be back in a min.
By 7am i was uncontrollably sobbing saying i couldnt do it or cope and needed to push... I threw up a few times as i cant take gas and air and it wasnt helping either.

thank god for my DH saying why cant you just break her waters? at this point there had been a shift swap and i now had a student mw who had to go and get permission.
She came back saying she could break them and tried for the next 3 contractions but couldnt do it so told me i'd have to wait .....
bol*ocks im not waiting any longer so told her to go get someone which she did who finally broke them.
By this time i'd shouted at my dh for having the most rank coffee breath and tried to lay him out numerous times!!!
As soon as they broke the waters they said i could push (had been ready for an hour!) so on to the ring of fire....!

"Holy s*it" was bellowed down the corridor numerous times ....

within 10mins out flies my little 8lb 7oz girl

I couldnt believe it was over and she was here and i fell head over heels for her straight away, she was completly un fazed and chilled throughout by the whole thing.

Then 10mins later the midwife turned round and said i can go home.... i was a little confused and said what now? to which she said "no not right now, you can have a bath" !
I had literally just given birth and told to p*ss off, i didnt want to stay anyway but i was given no time to even take it all in.
They left us to it & didnt do any checks on us or ask about feeding, put baby to breast or anything.
They wouldnt even let me have a wheelchair down to the entrance (i was having dizzy spells) and told the porters dont like us taking them and its only 2 flights of stairs! :roll: :lol: :lol: you have to laugh.
So off we went 2hours after with a baby still covered in gunk !

Im kind of glad i didnt have any pain relief as i think i am recovering much quicker and Freya is healthy so thats the main thing.

FreyaHarwood011.jpg

FreyaHarwood017.jpg

FreyaHarwood037.jpg

FreyaHarwood043.jpg

Awww glad you are home with your little one - sounds like you had a horrible time!! I can't beleive they left you and then chucked you out!! You should have been trying to lamp the Mw's not your poor |DH!

I love the name and she is absolutely gorgeous!!

awww congratulations to you hun, enjoy baby Freya :hug: :hug: :hug:

she is absolutly gorgous hun, well done, sorry you had a hard time though have a hug :hug: :hug:

i can't believe how you were treated in hospital!! :shock: congratulations on baby Freya she is so beautiful! :hug:

:shock: I cannot believe the way you were treated! :hug:

But congratulations and WELL DONE! :clap:

Your little girl is absolutley beautiful! :hug:

I'm appalled by the way you were treated Duds and think you should complain to the hospital and/or supervisor of m/ws - I'm not sure if it'll get you anywhere but it might make you feel better.

Freya is just beautiful and well done on getting through the birth with very little pain relief - I'm so pleased for you.

Love

Valentine xxx

oh my god what a lovely surprise to pop on to see how close you were and find little Freya had arrived (i will forgive you for taking one of my fave names :lol: )

wow sounds like a bit of a roller coaster ride but as you say at least she has arrived safely! she is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

what does Big Sis make of it all then?

were you in the east surrey again hun? i know you and nicki werent happy with them last time. have to say it sounds like they treated you appallingly. they were really busy when i was in the princess royal but i still didnt feel the standard of care was any less then it should have been.

anyway congratulations on little ones arrival - hope to meet her sometime!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations.

Im feel that your experience of how they treated you was appalling (please tell me you are going to pursue this?)

How you like being 2 point 4 children now??

She is beautiful. Congratulations. xxx

Sorry to hear how you were treated. xxx

Congrats on your little girl! Her name is beautiful!

BUT.........I can't believe they made you leave after 2 hours!!!!!! I was under the impression that you had to stay for a MINIMUM of 6 hours.

Your treatment was terrible. Will you take it any further?

my god!! i heard 2nd labours are easier!! now i am shitting myself again!!!!

She is lovely hun xxxxxxxxxxxx

OMG how beautiful is Freya. Congratulations to you hun, I am so happy for you. And massive congratulations to Aimee becoming a big sis, how is she doing?

Congratulations hun she's absolutely gorgeous.

but your treatment was terrible - you poor thing.

She is beautiful. You done really well too - congratulations. The care you got sounds a bit crap though! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back