Levi's Birth Story!

Levi89

Reaction score
Well ladies, here it is!

Monday
Bought Nando's extra extra spicy sauce (I'm convinced this set it off!! Lol!)

Tuesday
Lost my plug!

Wednesday
Started getting contractions but they weren't very strong or frequent! Still asked hubby to come home as I was sure they would build up to something!

Thursday
Contractions were painful but still not frequent! Hubby got flights sorted for today! Greg arrived home at around 11pm'ish! I by this time was in the bath, had been there since 12.30 in the afternoon! I was convinced I had to go to the hospital now! BUT I managed to hang on (because I kept getting fobbed off by the midwifes on the phone also!) until about 3am!

Friday 13th April
So 3am I decided enough was enough - I was going to hospital! So I phoned and told them! The midwife told me to come down and she'll check me since I was so concerned! The contractions weren't frequent enough yet - but they were painful! So to be honest if they could even give me something for that then I would be grateful!

Away down to the hospital - went into the room to be monitored. The midwife was saying my contractions weren't frequent enough blah blah blah and she would give me a tens machine away with me and some painkillers! After monitoring me, checking urine etc all was fine! Then she said she would check me and see how dilated I was. She checked and I turned out to be 4-5cms dilated so wouldn't be going anywhere! :shock: Just shows you ladies - if you feel you need to be checked then tell them this! Don't suffer!

Greg went and got my maternity bags out the car! We were both shocked to be honest as contractions still weren't in a pattern! The midwife put a tens machine on me to kurb the pain - and I was a bit hesitant at first and thought they wouldn't be very good - but by god they were amazing! I was up walking about the hospital and everything! By 7.30 I had a midwife change and was informed I would be checked in a few hours to see how I was getting on! By the time I was checked, contractions still wasn't in a pattern but I was now 7-8cm dilated!! :shock::shock: I was told I would now be left for another few hours to see if my waters would go themselves - if not they would break them for me...eww! Still just on the tens machine and co-codomol! I ended up actually falling asleep! My midwife couldn't believe it!

Got to 1.30 and my waters were still there! So midwife said she would burst them! This is when I decided gas and air would be a must if she was sticking that knitting needle up me hahahaa! So gas & air - oh my! It sent me mental haha! Started saying all stuff... but bad thing was, I was blocking out the contractions by constantly taking it so no one knew if I was ready for pushing! I remember being out of it so much that when my midwife was telling me to start pushing I was just saying nope!!

Eventually I just stopped taking the stuff - I had to! Got my head round to it and felt 'normal' again and began pushing with no pain relief!! It took a while because by this point with lack of sleep I was exhausted and couldn't find the energy! I was trying various positions to help me but nothing was working really! The only time I was able to was when Greg was holding me and I was 'squatting' onto the floor! Poor guy now has a sore back but he helped me focus! Eventually after pushing - which is really sore and stingy but over quicker than you realise - my little daughter was delivered into the arms of the midwife - who luckily caught her haha!

She was put right onto me for skin to skin and her cord was cut by the midwife! Greg cried! I physically couldn't - although I was over the moon, I was exhausted! After I had time with her I was back on the bed to deliver the placenta... I honestly did think I was just pooing myself then haha!! I was then left to wait for the doctor to come and 'sort' me! I was only a 2nd degree tear! LOVELY!

I'm now a proud mummy to Casey Korlen Montgomery who weighed 7lbs 6oz & was 53cm long! Where she was hiding I'll never know because I never had a huge bump!

So that is my birth story! Lasted ages, but I was somehow able to bear the pain! I'm such a woose - I cried when I got my tattoo... have to be sedated at the dentist etc! haha! But I managed it so ladies who have it to come - you'll be fine! :D

Yay! Congratulations! What a fab story! What a trooper you are! Enjoy every second with little Casey...Lovely name by the way :love:

Glad you had a straightforward one (relatively speaking!!)

Your little girl is precious. Enjoy x

Thank you ladies! Everytime I think about it I realise just how lucky I am - my pregnancy was pretty straightforward, I fell pregnant after we had been ttc'ing for only 6 months and then I was able to handle the pain and physical exhaustion of labour without screaming for an epidural lol! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back