Freya 14.12.11

Lettie

Reaction score
Miss Freya was born at 7.45pm on the 14.12.11 just one day past her due date. She was 9lb
Apologies for the ridiculously long story - want to remember every moment!

So having been waddling all weekend with her so low, Monday came and around 3pm contractions started every 10mins. I didn't believe it though as had had plenty of false starts already. Did howevet start losing loads of mucus too all hoped I'd have a due date baby. Anyway tried to go to sleep at 10ish but too uncomfortable so Hubby and I moved down to the lounge. Setting up camp on the sofa and watching bourne! O tried to snooze between contractions but in the early hours rhey became every 2/3 mins so thought we should go in. (both v excited at this point that we were on track for due date. Anyway get to hosp to be told its early labour you're 2cms, it could be come time. So manage 4 hrs interrupted sleep! Tuesday oh stayed off work and we just mooched about at home with my mum. I decided stuff needed to move on as were going to miss due date so I was bouncing etc and then Hubby and I took the dog out for a walk, me having to stop and have contractions every 7mins or so. Decided to have a hot clary sage bath to help ease things A friend then popped by in the evening and I kept having to leave the room to go to the loo with each contraction and was generally in tootoo much pain for small talk - she got the message and left around 7pm. Tried to go to bed again but was writhing around in agony so thought I'd leave hubby to sleep and go and watch more tv. In too much pain, paracetomol not cutting it I begged oh to go back in at 11ish tues evening. Spoke to mw on phone who said they'd give me psin relief in ordet thay i coyld sleep as I was already over 30hrs in and knackered and couldn't bear the thought of days more They checked me '3cms. Best place for you is at home, try paracetomol and a bath' I could of punched her! I said what do you think I've been doing for the past 30hrs!

Last edited:
Sorry food break. So we go back home, in tears by this point. Oh goes to sleep and I then spend the.night bouncing and in the bath for.hours. 6.30 am, knacketed in agony phone ward, they're every 3-5mins and have been for several hours. I've taken paracetomol every 4 hrs and been in the bath- nothings helping. Please can I come in. Yes. Wake Hubby who deliberately stalls me. Saying just wait for your ultrasound appt ay 8.45, (because of saturdays OC diagnosis) then we'll go in (he was worried we'd still be early days and turned away again. I wasn't happy - woke mum and eventually headedin for appt. Coyld barely walk. Colleague scanned me feeling dreadful as it was agony and I was contracting all the way through but thankfully nothing showed on scan and baby was fine. Get to maternity. Upset, pissed off and knackered to be met by my community Mw - pleasant surprise. I just want sleep! But she examines me and thank goodness I'm 6cms! My whole outlook changed, its gonna be over soon, I'm in established labour - I can have gas and air and stay in hospital and go in the pool hoorah@

So from 11 til 5pm mum, oh and I.chill out in this gorgeous room, listening to Christmas music, me dancing around to Ollie murs and singing apparantly good stuff g & a LOL and generally having a lovely time, whilst contracting every few mins! 5ish, I'm 9 and a bit cms and Mw concerned pool to comfy so makes me get out- oww! She's not too happy so I get wheeled round to labour ward. Babies fine on ctg, but they think I'm too tired to get her out. There was a tiny lip of cervix left, preventing babies head from pushing enough on cervix. Mean Dr then examines me and pops cervix out of way. He tells me I can push for an hour but then they'll have to intervene. I asked for an epidural but was told it was too late and if I needed a section they'd give me a spinal or general. I turned to Hubby and said let's do this. Still exhausted though they wanted me to push. A couple of times I thought I'm not going to tell them I'm contracting so I don't have to push and I can rest LOL as wad falling asleep between pushes. Anyway they announce the need for an episiotomy and forceps but only under local. No epi. That hurt - Dr asked when I screamed you having a contracttion and I said no its because of you! LOL. Then forceps in situ but not being used yet I worked with my body and pushed with all my might and out came a not so little 9lbs baby 53hrs from 10minutely contractions to freyas arrival!! Hubby told me what she was and then started crying, mum also in tears and thrilled and me chuffed to bits! It took a fair while for the other Dr to stich me up but they all kept saying how great I did as didn't even have gas and air whilst I was pushing! It was a totally exhausting yet fantastic experience, o couldn't love my husband more for his role in it, his support was outstanding and he's my rock. Little freya is a dream, she looks just like het daddy! We stayed in last night. She and I and she slept and fed perfectly. Today at lunch I was discharged so took het to my dept at the hosp on the way home to meet the ppl who've been so excited and supportive. Sorry this has been a mission to read, well done if you make it to the end I just wanted it all recorded as it was the most rewarding thing I've ever done and didn't want to forget a thing. Will attach pics soon Xxx

Wow well done you had a long labour though, bless you, can't wait to see pics xx congratulations xx

Wow u some amazing! Congratulations xx

Well done Hun and what a fab name choice :) (our LO is Freya too).....you did a fab job...enjoy your little angel xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

aw congrats to you both, you did so well hon xx

You did so well and were such a help to me during my long labour too. Congrats again on the birth of your daughter xxx

congratulations sounds like you did brilliantly xx

Wow, well done! :hugs: I thought I had it bad with 37 hours lol. Congratulations hun x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back