Chloe Beth's birth story!

Lindsay

Reaction score
Well, I finally have a few minutes so am going to post my birth story for you all!!

On Tuesday n ight DH and I went to bed as normal and I was moaning about not having any symptoms and that baby wasn't going to arrive for ages! DH told me that if nothing had happened by Tuesday next week we would try sex and see if that brought it on. DH was wanting to work this weekend cos it's bank holiday and he gets double time :roll: DH told me to eat lots of pineapple in the meantime!! The last 2 things I said to him before going to sleep were, 1. I am going to go and buiy some raspberry leaf tea tomorrow and 2. Ooh my lower back is aching - then I went to sleep.

I was woken a lot in the night with tummy pains but they weren't strong enough for me to be woken properly, they hurt more when I turned over in bed. At 5am they were getting stronger and I remember thinking that I could be in labour. I started to time the pains and they were coming every 10 minutes, at 5.30am I got up and came downstairs - as soon as I got up and was moving round they began to get quicker. I heard Dh moving round upstairs sp went up to tell him, I told him to stay in bed and that I would get him if things progressed. 2 minutes later he was downstairs with me cos he couldn't sleep! I rang my mum and dad to tell them and they said they would get up and come round. DH started to time the pains and they were coming every 5 minutes. I rang the hospital and they advised me to wait an hour and have a hot bath, taking 2 paracetamols. It was now 6.30am when I went to the bath, I noticed that my plug had come away.

I emptied the dishwasher and made DH a cup of tea (looking back I don't know how cos I was in so much pain!!) then went up to have a bath. The bath water woke Jacob up so DH got him dressed and took him round to his mum's. The pains were now coming every 3 minutes. I was starting to get a bit panicky cos I was at home on my own waiting for mum to come round and DH to get back and the pain had started to increase in my bum (I knew that it wasn't going to be long!!) I rang the hospital back and they told me to go straight down.

I had another contraction on the drive before getting in the car and the neighbour was asking me if I was alright, luckily mum was here now so she spoke to her for me!! We got to the hospital at 7.50am and they took me straight round to the low dependancy room for delivery.

The midwife examined me and told me that I was fully dialated and that it wouldn't be long until I was a mummy again. I had asked to leave pushing until it was absolutely necessary as I was quite panicky about it, the midwife told me that she would leave me an hour then come back but to start walking round or bouncing on the ball. After 20 minutes she came back and I was still lying on the bed, she asked me if I had walked around and I said no, cos it makes the pain feel worse in my bum, she told me that I needed to get up in order to progress the delivery. DH gave me a big cuddle cos he knew that I was worried about pushing and then I got up. It all started to happen then, I had 2 contractions standing leaning over the sink and the 2nd one I knew that baby was coming so we pushed the buzzer for the midwife to come in. She got me on the bed and told me that the baby was 2cm inside my vagina and that it wouldn't be long, 3 pushes later Chloe Beth was born, she was absolutely perfect, my mum was in tears and DH was overwhelmed. It was an amazing experience, one that I will never ever forget!

I didn't tear so was pleased that I didn't need any stitches. I did however pass a huge clot when I went to the toilet which was a bit scary but after a hot bath and being cleaned up it was nothing!!

I now have a wonderful complete family, my 2 boys and a little princess :D

Xxx

wow, congrats hun!! enjoy ur new family, welcome to the world Chloe Beth!! :wave: :cheer:

Congratulations huni, what a lovely story and great labour! :clap: You well and truly beat me to the finish line, I am not jealous in the slightest (!) :oops: Cant wait to see some pics x :hug:

:cheer: congratulations hunny - quick labour - hope mine's going to be like that :lol:

welcome to the world baby Chloe Beth :cheer:

Congratulations :cheer: What a great story, well done :D

congratulations chick hope mine's like yours!

Welcome to the world chloe xxx :hug:

cant wait to see piccie's! :)

Lovely story - well done hun. It only seems like two minutes ago since you got your bfp!!

Wow! That sounded perfect! :cheer: You did great and I'm so pleased you had an enjoyable experience!

I agree - Pics!!!!! :pray: xx

:cheer: :cheer: Congratulations :cheer: :cheer:

What a great birth story...you did so well!

What a lovely birth story, nice and quick and straight forward. You're so lucky!

Congrats to you both on the birth of Chloe, and congrats on the perfect family, you must be so happy and proud xxx

Congrats to you both on the birth of Chloe, and congrats on the perfect family, you must be so happy and proud xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back