For those ladies who had stitches....

HeppiBean

Reaction score
12 days down the line and my stitches seem to be getting more painful (again). Days 1 and 2 were absolute agony, but after that the pain gradually eased off a bit, enough that diclofenac and paracetamol killed the pain. On Thursday however they became agonisingly painful again so I bought some co-codamol (8mg codeine to 500mg paracetamol) which didn't kill the pain, but took the edge off. By Saturday evening/Sunday these were no longer working at all and neither was the diclofenac (which I ran out of Sunday evening).

I went to the doctors today and he's prescribed me co-dydramol (10mg dihydrocodeine tartrate to 500mg paracetamol) and after taking the 8 of those I'm allowed today and the 6 ibuprofen, I'm still in as much pain as I was this morning... It's ridiculous, will nothing stop the pain?!

I can't sit down, standing up is even worse... Laying down is tolerable but the only time I'm actually "comfortable" is when I'm in the bath... This can't be normal... Is it?

I don't think I'm infected as there is no "funny smell", and the blood I'm losing is still red, no yellowy/orangey discharge (as far as I can tell).

I just want to know when this pain is going to ease off/stop as at the moment I can't even feed/change Francesca without bursting into tears. I had to give up half way through buttering my toast earlier as the pain was just too much... :(

I feel like an absolute wuss at the moment... But I really have had enough :cry:

As well as the above... Bruising. This is also causing me a lot of pain... I can tell when it's the bruising/stitches because of the area it's in and the type of pain... And to be honest I think the pain from the bruising might actually be worse at times than the stitches!! That crops up when I lay down/walk/sit on the toilet... And again... Painkillers don't touch it...

I just feel like I'm falling apart right now. Please someone give me some hope?? xx

I had loads of stitches 2 external second degree tears and an internal one Aswell (Tegan decided to come out with an arm beside her head, ouch!) it was agony for the first couple of weeks then slowly got better. there was eventually no pain at all by about week 6. the mw told me to soak a pad in which hazel & pop it in the freezes for a bit then pop it In my Knickers, it really did help!! x

I was in agony too. Did your doc check you down there? I didn't have a funny smell, the lochia was normal but I did have an infection and antibiotics and co dyramol eventually helped! Feel for you hun, it's horrible!!!! Hope you heal up soon!

Thinking of you heppi bean....

Sometime i wish i wasnt so nosey though, im starting to scare myself when i read the stories of the birth and after birth pains.

Big hugs and wishing you a speedy recovery

xx

Thanks girls, if things don't get easier will definitely go back to the docs. He didn't check me yesterday just threw painkillers at me... Might be one for the midwife when I next see her xx

make sure you clean yourself with hot water with detol and have hot water with salt although do pelvis exercise.. it will help I had second degree tear although my kid head wasn't that big but that stupid mw cut me wrong.. hot water and detol do the magic.. will heal quick so relax yourself..

Hope your feeling better soon. :hug:

I'd give the MW a ring and get her to check the stitches x

Have you tried tea tree oil in the bath hun? Has natural healing properties..mine settled about 4 days after starting to use that xxx

Hey chick sounds like your suffering pretty bad, how are you feeling now??

I'd say yes, it is normal, even though I know thats not much comfort to you but at least you can have some comfort in the fact that there probably isn't something wrong with your stitches. Its common to be in agony for a good few weeks after birth. I was in absolute agony for around 3/4 weeks, couldn't walk/stand/sleep but trust me, it does go down after then. It will not last forever! If its coming & going i'd say thats good news, as its not constant pain if that makes sense so could mean its getting better?

Hows wee francessca anyway? Is she feeding/sleeping ok?

:)

I had internal stitches and they r still sore now and again when I pee! (tmi lol )

Thanks girls... Started getting yellowy gunky stuff in my pad yesterday (sorry tmi) so am going to call MW today.

Francesca's doing ok. Sleeps for between 4 and 6 hours at a time, wakes for a feed then right back off to sleep :) xx

I was the same as you but the pain faded and was gone by about 5 - 6 weeks x

For anyone suffering with this OMG the best thing in the world for the pain I found was to fill the sink with hot hot water, soak a flannel in it, wring it out and then hold it against the stitches. I repeated it 4 or 5 times in a row after every wee and it was HEAVEN. x

i wrapped frozen peas in a tea towel and sat on that whilst feeding! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back