Stitches

Jamie

Reaction score
I tore very badly inside and had loads of stitches to repair multiple tears in blood vessels and its really sore :( The paracetamol and ibuprofen don't seem to work that well. Does anyone have any insight on how long it takes to heal, or any tips on soothing the pain?

Honestly? If you want honest read on!!

It took me about 3 weeks before I could stand comfortably with out feeling as though my insides were about to fall out.

As for tips, sit on a warm (not hot!!!) water bottle. If it hurts when you wee, try sitting in warm water to wee well enough water so your bits are covered, it doesn't sting so much then.

I think there is also a special pillow out there for episotomy victims! Try epi pillow maybe?

i think it was about 2 weeks before they didnt bother me but only about 1 week for the actual pain to go

ask your doctor if you can possibly prescribe you some Diclofenac.
that's what they prescribed me for the pain of my stitches along with paracetamol and it helped a lot. I was still sore but it helped.

I only wish they'd prescribed me that the first time!

my poor sis had similar problem. it took her about 5 weeks before she go to the loo (either function) without being in pain. It has taken her 3 months to fully heal up.

It took me about 3 weeks to feel relief from my stitches. I hated them! Worse than labour! Try taking the paracetamol and Ibuprofen together. I've heard some good reports about Arnica tablets - a homeopathic tablet which promotes healing. Supposed to ease the pain and reduces bruising. I wish I'd have taken them. Might be worth a go for you?
Another good tip I ws given was to hold a fresh maternity pad against your stitches when you go to the loo, this really helped. Also having a wee in the bath or shower was easier....things you go through! :roll:
Hope it eases off for you soon, I do sympathise :hug:

thanks ladies :hug: but yikes sounds like I'm in it for the long haul then lol...I'll definitely see about that Diclofenac or Arnica :hug: :hug:

i tore very badly inside and out with my 1st, sadly it took a good few weeks for the pain to die down. and after 4 weeks they still hadn't dissolved so i had to have them pulled out :shakehead: :( sorry if thats not much help, just telling you my experience, hope you start to feel better soon hun xx :hug:

i only needed 2 stitches 4 a small tear and had healed within a week, so didnt really need a lot 2 soothe mine, but iv heard salt baths work wonders, and my mw said try a herb called arnica (sp?)
hope u feel better soon x

It depends upon the degree of the tear, but up to six weeks.

I was unfortunate and tore very badly, and the best advice I can give is to take it easy, stay off your feet as much as possible, and overdo things.

If you can get hold of arnica, it' really is very good stuff for helping you to heal.

:hug:

I only had a graze but even that was very sore & I found a lil bit of lavender oil in every bath I had really did wonders! I hope you start to feel a bit better soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back