Episiotomy stitches...

My OH kindly offered to look for me as i wanted to check it had all healed up (this was a few wks ago now!!) and i was to scared to.... :blush:

I didnt really want him to as i thought it would be all horrible but he said you could hardly notice i was stitched up!!!

I was nearly sick when I looked, I can't even believe I did cause I'm really squeamish and I didn't like looking at it before it was butchered!
Its starting to hurt now, the bruised feeling I can handle but now it feels like there's something sharp sticking into me. I can't believe I stupidly thought once I'd given birth all the pain would go away!x

I was nearly sick when I looked, I can't even believe I did cause I'm really squeamish and I didn't like looking at it before it was butchered!
Its starting to hurt now, the bruised feeling I can handle but now it feels like there's something sharp sticking into me. I can't believe I stupidly thought once I'd given birth all the pain would go away!x

Same here! It's been 2 weeks and I still can't stand or walk for longer than 10 minutes :cry:

I've literally done nothing but lie down all day, only time I've sat up is to feed little man and it hurts everytime! I'm having 5-6 showers a day as its the only time it doesn't hurt. Am gonna have a huge electric bill if this pain lasts for weeks!! Xx

I've literally done nothing but lie down all day, only time I've sat up is to feed little man and it hurts everytime! I'm having 5-6 showers a day as its the only time it doesn't hurt. Am gonna have a huge electric bill if this pain lasts for weeks!! Xx

I feel your pain! I've been feeding Isla lying down at night when it is too painful to sit. Can't wait till this is over!

So it does still heal then? I'm panicking I'm gonna just have a gaping great big hole where my foof used to be lol x

yeh it does, i had stitches down my right hand side of my labia cos the clip they put on her head had stuck into me (somehow no idea how!) and the stitch i lost was the last one, and i havent got a whole, infact you cant even tell but mine were kinda inside so unless ur there with a torch you cant tell, (my hubby hasnt looked tho, lol but i have, plenty of times,lol

xxx

Ah that's made me feel more optomistic about healing now! I haven't looked since the other day, am too scared to look again now! The midwife will be checking them tomorrow though so at least I'll know if I'm on the right track or not! Arnica tablets are really helping, I'm still really uncomfortable but don't feel anywhere near as bruised as I did the other day :) x

I found them really good, i also got some well woman vitimins n they gave me the boost i needed to feel back to my normal self :)

X

Hi, i had bad tear/cut with both of my last pregnancies. I have a feeling the same may happen again, i have never taken arnica tablets are you able to take them if breastfeeding??

Many thanks Amy

OMG, I'm so squeamish I've not been able to read most of this thread lol!

I had an episiotomy and a couple of stitches and am SO happy that I'm not the only one who was too scared to look!! Has anyone else had a problem with pooing? (please tell me it's not just me!) (tmi warning) I was constipated before giving birth, but having the stitches meant that I was then terrified of having a poo! I've made myself worse! :wall2: At one point my stitches did bleed after having a poo, which really didn't help. OH went to the chemist for me not long after I'd given birth and came back with some suppositories! Those worked in the short term, although I was horrified at the thought of them! Then I tried lactulose but just got windy! Today I started on prune juice so will see what happens with that.

Sounds like I've been very lucky pain-wise, as although I was in pain at first, it turned to discomfort after a few days and now only twinges when I think about it (so it seems it's just in my head!). Things still aren't right though, and I can't cough properly. I'm going to have to look at some point soon, I just know it :(

I feel sick just reopening this thread lol am always terrified of what people will have wrote!!
Mine aren't that bad anymore, really think the arnica tablets did the trick, I'm still a bit tender but its not painful like before!
Its weird but the midwife said I might struggle to hold my wee in as everything will be weak until I've sorted pelvic floor out again but I actually struggle to wee these days, its so strange! As for bowel movements (tmi) I've had really bad upset stomach since giving birth so its been easy for me to go! I am scared of when my body goes back to normal though and I have to do a proper poo lol x

I feel sick just reopening this thread lol am always terrified of what people will have wrote!!

LOL!!

Glad you're on the mend. At least we're all heading in the right direction.

Midwife didn't really give me any advice re stitches and getting back to normal, other than to expect to bleed like a heavy period for a while...

Yeah my midwife weren't that helpful either, just said keep it clean and dry and try and air it for ten minutes every day.

I only really hurt now when I'm walking about loads so I'm hoping it will go completely soon :) though I have got this really awful pain in my clit it feels like I've pulled a muscle or something!! Its bloody awful :(

Badedas Bubble Bath - I swear by it!
I had an episiotomy with Evelyn and bathed every day in it (about 4-5days after birth). Not only did it sooth the pain but I was fully healed and 100% a week afterwards.
You can buy it from boots.x

Ooh I've got some of that!! I'm gonna try it later see if it helps finish the job! Thanks chick x

Tea tree oil in the bath ! it worked a treat for me

how u feeling lovely? you've prob still got a while yet before u feel healed.. mine was sooo painful i thought it would last forever also i lost stitches and let it heal from an open wound. It also would sting when id have a wee wee.. so id use non fragrant wet wipes. they were brill, midwife said it was a good idea. as long as it doesnt hurt using them and i only could dabb the area (not wipe) x

I feel suprisingly ok! The front half is really sore when I sit certain ways it feels like a pulled muscle its so bad but where I actually had the stitches doesn't hurt at all!
I did the wet wipe thing too, that really does help. I can't wait to be back to normal now x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back