For those ladies planning to breast feed....

I'm planning on breastfeeding and I have bought absolutely nothing because I know it would make me so much more likely to give up if I get desperate in the middle of the night and if I do decide to give up and formula feed I want to do it on a sane mind on a good day so I have no regrets.

Midwife has said if baby won't take a breastfeed in the middle of the night and im worried then a bowl and syringe cleaned in really hot soapy water will be fine to express into/feed with - you don't need sterilising equipment for emergencies.

I think it's a completely personal choice though

I'm planning on breast feeding and have bought the tommee tippee starter kit as plan to express for oh to get involved in the feeding - and for taking on days out etc. Hoping bfing works, but if not will get formula in - am just down the road from a 24 hour Tesco xx

Nope, didn't take bottles last time and won't this time

Although hospitals say they won't provide formula, they will if it means your baby is not getting milk. And imo having formula as a back up is too tempting for me to give up too easily.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I haven't bought anything because I'm worried I'll be tempted to give her a bottle if I'm exhausted and in pain. I'm basically putting myself in a position where I have no choice but to feed her myself. I'm still in two minds about expressing or not so I'm just going to play it by ear and see what happens at the time.

I bought some bottles and bits so that I could express and mix feed anyway.
Not buying forumla though, I think it will make it too easy to give up if things getting difficult. Shops are always open these days so it won't be hard to get if you need it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back