how will you feed your baby ??

linxminx21

Reaction score
hi girls i was just wondering how you will feed your baby.

this is my second baby and i bottle fed with formula with alfie and really want to breast feed this baby without any bottles or teats for as long as possible, well untill she gets a tooth lol.

you hardly ever hear any good stories about breast feeding do you its all bad news of cracked nipples and blocked milk ducts or something my mum calls milk fever!!!

if you have any good stories and would like to share... they would be great :)

it would put my mind at rest a little.

i know every baby and mother is different but some good news would go a long way in boosting my confidence in breast feding my baby :) thanx girls x x

Last edited:
Hey hun....I plan on breastfeeding if poss....I really want to be able to do it but don't want to get into a position where I feel guilty if it doesn't work out!

My bestfriend has a two year old and she successfully bf him until he was 7
Months and our other friend til her LO was one, so a few success stories from my end :)

HTH xxx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

I breast fed my daughter full time till I went back to work at 4 months but managed some feeds until she was 6 months. I plan to feed again until baby is weened but will express sometimes so Ican still have a little freedom (drinking lol) now and then. My sister fed her baby until 9 months and so did a friend of mine neither had any problems. I had a few problems at start but with lots of support and my own stubbornness I got through the hard times. Lots of areas have breast feeding support groups you can go to and speak to the experts and other breast feeding mums, ask your midwife if there's one near you. We def got one here as I've already had a chat with one of the experts as shes often on hand on clinic days at my doctors surgery.

Hey,

I plan on breastfeeding if I can, but I will express as well, so OH can help with feeding and bond with LO, and so I can sleep sometimes at night time haha! I want to breast feed exclusively for 6 months, then supplement the feeds, but I'm well aware that it might not work out.

Like smith1980 said, if it ends up that I have to formula feed, I won't feel guilty. My mum could physically only feed me for 3 days, because I wasn't getting enough milk from her, so I was formula fed from then on.

I know a lot of people who have breast fed for over a year, and it's been very successful. The cracked nipple thing can be worsened by bad technique, as if LO latches on properly, and you're using some kind of cream, they shouldn't become too bad.

xx

I breastfed for a few months with my first, I found it terrible & decided I wouldn't do it again, therefore, going for bottle this time. Although I might BF while i'm in the hospital, but not sure coz i know the MW's will keep hassling for me to continue, and wont let me leave til its 100% right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back