For all those squinting at lines - what are the best/worst tests

Annie050408

Reaction score
Ok, so I thought I'd do a thread about this as I know the pain of squinting at a test and willing a line to be there and being unsure about the pinkness etc....

In my humble opinion, these are the best tests without a shadow of a doubt - they are the ones used at the hospital and I was given one to use after my mc in July to confirm the hormone had gone. I thought it'd be best not to waste it and instead used it at 9dpo after being frustrated with a possible line on an IC. I used the same sample as with the IC and a lovely pink line appeared within minutes. I think these tests use more dye than other tests and don't leave any doubt.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clearview-HCG-Pregnancy-Test-Tests/dp/B001DUHW7U

Now unfortunately they are expensive, not individually, but you seem to have to buy a pack of 20. Having said that you can always sell half or quarter of the pack to another lady ttc to split the cost.

Other than these, the other best tests I would say are Tesco own brand - 2 for £3.50 is also a steal! They give nice clear lines from around 9-10dpo if you are pregnant and there is little room for confusion.

Personally, I will never touch another IC particularly 10miu ones - they have barely any dye and seem to cause an awful lot of heartache. My advice is to not test with any less than 25miu.

Also, CBD are great for getting confirmation and seeing it in writing but they are expensive and if you have a pink line on a standard test, you're pregnant, simple as that - a line, as they say, is a line.

I'm also not a fan of first response, I know lots of ladies who have been pregnant and got bfn on these, the lines are so thin and an early bfp can be v hard to spot.

Hope that helps and please feel free to chip in if you agree, disagree or rate other tests not mentioned.

thanks for this Annie - I agree the cheap tests seem to send people a bit loopy (including me today!!) and perhaps it's better to invest money in better ones.

Has anyone ever used the sainsburys own brand tests? I'm doing a food shop later and wondered whether to get some.

I have (I've used most tests as you can gather! lol) and they are very good- similar to CB+ but more dye in them.

soooooo of she shoots to tesco this evening!!!!! hehe xx

I've definatly lost faith in the IC's both opk and hpt so am staying away from them now as much as i possibly can! have just ordered some Clearblue Ovulation tests. Ive had too much heartache from the IC's!! Thanks for this Annie xxxxx

I agree! dump the cheapies! my lines were so rubbish on them and i also had alot of convincing evaps, they drive you crazy.

Ones i found worked best were FRER, CBD and Tesco tests :)

xx

Thanks for this Annie. Was just about to buy some IC's there but I think I'll nip down to tesco 2moro instead.
I have 1 clearblue digi for when I get a faint line, ready and waiting lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I have like 30 ICs for my addiction and 2 cb digis and 2 tescos for when af is actually late and im pretty sure!! :smug: cant wait till i can use them xxx

just great i oredered some cheapies off ebay on sat, there due any day!!!!
xx

it doesnt matter theyre so cheap theyre great for the addiction when u want to poas everyday x

i dont want a fake positive a want real 1, there gonna give me hope wen im not even prgnent i bet xx

Wow a test I haven't tried lol!

I honestly do trust the blue handle cheapies, a true positive comes up quickly almost turns white then pink.

xx

i dunno which 1s 'v ordered think there blue 1s.
they were only a couple quid for like ten, i thought it were a right bargain :)
i'll just post a pic on if it ever happens lol
xx

You all made me scared my +++ was a fake as I only used 1 IC (brave eh? Always thought I'd use millions! :lol: Well I have now :whistle:)
I've been demented that I ran out and got some superdrug tests :)

Oh and all clearblue tests in Superdrug are 30% off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back