Clearblue plus

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by @Elmo, Jan 2, 2012.

1. @Elmo

@Elmo New Member

Hi all, decided to join after a lot of lurking on this forum! :wave::lol:

Yesterday I took a clear blue plus test and a faint line appeared after about a minute. As it was quite faint I couldn't be sure of the colour of the line, so I dipped another test into the same pot of pee. Again, a line appeared but very very faint, more faint than the other test. They didn't convince me so today I have done a digital test and a first response test and they both came back negative.

I looked again at the tests from yesterday, as I've kept hold of them, and one of them the line has got darker and is definitely blue in colour. Surely that isn't right!

I'm rather confused.... has anyone had similar experiences with these clearblue plus tests? Surely I couldn't get 2 evaporation lines straight after each other? but then the other tests did come back negative??! :think::confused:

2. toscacat

toscacat Well-Known Member

Afraid so. I got two (out of same packet) that had thin blue lines and all other tests were neg including blood at Dr's. It's upsetting when u see a glimmer of line but I would stay clear of cb plus I can only assume they were Evap lines despite being blue.
    Wish I had better news for u but maybe try in a few days time with a different brand!

3. Munz

Munz Well-Known Member

Hi @Elmo... welcome hun

some brands are not as sensitive.. i used clearblue digital and kept on getting negatives.. i decided to use a cheaper brand (boots) tested over 3 days lol but i got a BFP each time, still not being convinced i had a urine test done at GPs, who confirmed that i was pregnant.

Hope this helps and good luck!! xx

4. @Elmo

@Elmo New Member

grrrrr! :cry:

I think I knew as much... deep down!
    Ah well, thanks for the replies ladies :thumbup:

5. misscrazycooki

misscrazycooki Well-Known Member

Try a different brand those have had loads of bad rep x

Hope its a BFP and its just playing shy are you late or testing before period is due x

6. janey78

janey78 Well-Known Member

So is it better to try the cheaper tests first? and not clear blue?

7. misscrazycooki

misscrazycooki Well-Known Member

I used cheapies first but its all down to what you find works best for you x

8. LaPerla

LaPerla Member

I don't like ClearBlue plus because it gives evaporation lines and thin blue lines after some time.
    It gives hope for nothing.
    I would use a test with pink strips, they don't give evap lines.

9. Joanne1982

Joanne1982 Well-Known Member

i used clear blue plus got BFP then 2 boots own both BFN then clear blue digi x2 BFP- i think the tests work different for each person I was preganant and negs on some and positives on others

10. MissJuly10

MissJuly10 Well-Known Member

Blue dye tests like the Clearblue Plus are notorious for evap lines so I'd advise anyone to steer clear. Try a First Response or Tesco/Morrisons own brand. Digital tests are not very sensitive so best to leave those til you're a few days late.

If in doubt, don't test for a while and then try again in a few days time. x x

#10 MissJuly10, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  11. nicky1987

nicky1987 Well-Known Member

i got a horrible evap on a clearblue plus a couple of months ago so i agree with missj!!! xx