Foods you wouldn't give to a baby.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laceys school won't let you have juice at school, you've got to take water! Their a very health conscious school!

Yeah, my kids aren't allowed to take juice, they have water bottles and a fountain xx

When I started secondary school there was chocolate, tins and bottles of juice, vending machines packed with crisps everything, chips everyday, sausage rolls at break time (maybe this is why I was a pie in first year) and by the time I was leaving the food was healthy and different everyday, one vending machine, no chocolate at the tills, no crisps, fruit, plain biscuits.. I think it's a great idea, I for one wouldn't want Odhrán stuffed full of rubbish at school x

Last edited:
I agree, things have definitely changed for the better xx

I was only saying the other day how when I was in the first year we had mini cheddars for break time, now it's fruit at every break time! Time's have def changed!
Lacey eats so much fruit anyway but they give her fruit I have never tried and she loves it!!

the dentist did say that too much fruit isnt good for teeth either but Mia loves fruit x

mamafy i think this is an amazing thread as there are several things i have learnt through reading through this like strawberries were high on allergy list!

I can not say what age i would start weening my lil man as only he knows when he is ready. I am going to keep and eye on hima nd when he starts to show an interest in food i shall start introducing pureed veg and fruit etc. and give him finger fruit n veg too so he can explore it even if he wont eat it!

My OH is a very fussy eater and i find it so hard to cook for him that im gunna make sure my LO is alot more experimental with his food. (Im gunna start weaning him too i think) :D

I wouldn't give my child fast foods like macdonalds till they are at least 1. and never give him ready meals.

I would start to introduce meats at 10ish months and would try and home cook all his meals although would ahve a few jars in the cupboard for emergencies.

I'm also going to puree up lots and freeze it and use it as i need it.

Thanks Mamafy! Keeping and eye on this thread! x

Last edited:
No problem hun :) It's exactly the reason I started it as its a minefield out there and seemingly innocent foods are not so innocent x

A bit off topic, but did you know they're not allowed to give raisins at surestart centres?! I was proper in shock! It's CIA they get stuck between their teeth apparently!

really I never knew that either Mia spits them out she hates them lol x

Really? I suppose raisins are small :eh:

My two love them! Since I gave them sultana bran once, every cereal has to have them added! Ella doesn't actually eat them tho, she swallows them whole, judgin by her nappies :lol:

What age can you actually give babies meat? I was gonna make a sausage casserole but now I'm not sure :/

ive been told to try and give Ellie red meat once a week to get her iron levels up as a recent blood est showed they are VERY low and if we dont get them up then she will need to get another blood tranfusion. But again Ellie might me an exception for medical reasons x

Yea they say 6 months, but obvs there are exceptions! They also recommend starting with poultry, cos it's not as high in iron and is a bit gentler on their tummies!

Ooo another one I'd avoid under one, gammon, again cos of te high salt content! And I only Rarely gave pork!

ive been told to try and give Ellie red meat once a week to get her iron levels up as a recent blood est showed they are VERY low and if we dont get them up then she will need to get another blood tranfusion. But again Ellie might me an exception for medical reasons x

Poor lil lady :( Is she on iron supplements? My wee man was in them until he was 18 months x

Poor lil lady :( Is she on iron supplements? My wee man was in them until he was 18 months x

yeah she is on daily iron twice, abidec, sytrose and folic acid one weekly but her iron levels have always been low, so we have 2 weeks left to up them or in for a few days for another blood transfusion so fx the levels go up x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back