Foods you wouldn't give to a baby.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep u read it right-I was as shocked as u. Wen my sister questioned her about it she just said 'but she likes it!' it's even worse cos she let's her drink it from the can!!

doesnt it say on the can somewhere or use to say not to be give to under certain ages??

Red bull?! Oh my goodness! That's horrific! I can't believe someone thinks that's an acceptable drink to give to a 15 month old!

When I worked in the shop I wouldn't even sell red bull to under 16's
And yes bran isn't good for babies, coke for a 2 year old is just awful, education on these things is so important,
Thing is.. Just take a look around and open your eyes think about what your baby will look like at say, 20, 30 even 40 depending on how they are being fed, it is true that we are what we eat, food is nourishment and we are meant to be nourishing our babies not stuffing them So full of shite that they can hardly move and suffer with health problems when they are older .. Rant rant ...

OMG RED BULL! Out of the can! Im actually in shock....already ranting to my poor OH about it! :O

I would give my baby frozen veg but only if it was frozen from fresh!

Ray of light i dont blame you! My MIL is exactly the same and have caught him talking to him saying when you come to nanna's ill give you lots of treats but dont tell mummy! :O Felt like slapping her!

I give D water atm as weather is really hot and i cant got 4hrs without a drink so i shouldnt expect my son to so if he wants it he can have it. but she told me i was mean and should give him squash! I told her he was way to young and that its full of sugar and water is perfectly fine!

I'm scared too, to let him go to her as i know she'll probably give him loads of rubbish and wont even tell me! :mad: My OH is the worst eater ever and will only really eat chicken products e.g nuggets etc sausages chips and recently ive managed to get him to eat fish and new pots. He only likes broccoli too! Makes it so hard when cooking and i've told him i dont want him moaning infront of D when he's weaning! now i see what his mum is like i understand why he's like it!

constantly feeding your child bad stuff to me is as bad as starving them there is 1 kids that was in my eldest class and she was huge when they went on a school trip she couldnt do any of the activities because they didnt have saftey equipment large enough or she was just unable to do it (it was rock climbing gorge walking canoeing ect ) her mum use to pick her up and hand her a carton of drink and a packet of crisp this was everyday after school, i heard her tell her mum she had a letter in her bag for an appointment about her weight and her mum just said well we will see if you will be going to that i was gob smacked the poor girls whole legs was rubbing together and she was always flushed red in the face :(

im not saying my kids just eat healthy all the time because they dont yes they get treats but they also get their fruit veg and meats yes they occasionally get a fizzy drink at a family function or if we have bought some in ourselves which we rarely do

my kids all have a bit of everything in moderation my eldest would eat rubbish for every meal and snack if we allowed her they get a desert after dinner and tea so long as they have eaten all their main meal deserts we vary to what they have

all this talk of food as made me hungry lol

I was livid. I took him aside into another room and ranted for about ten minutes on how what they were doing was basically child abuse and she had no hope of ever being healthy. Blah blah.

She drinks coke so has no hope of ever being healthy? Giving a kid coke isnt child abuse rofl. And its not even your kid. Thats a bit far, if you had come to me and told me how to raise my kid id have slapped you in the face.

I don't know what your problem is at the moment. You constantly on your period or something? Or just turning into an argumentative little bitch to stir things up?

My inlaws aren't her parents either. She has been drinking coke since before she was one. She also refuses to brush her teeth. Her teeth are starting to yellow at the front. She eats NO fruit and veg and I feel that both myself and my husband have a right to point out that what they're doing is not in her best interests. Especially as they are so desperate to look after our son as soon as. The things that go in her mouth are controlled by those around her. She eats macdonalds every sat, chicken fried rice every sat night. In between it's crisps and coke. I can't just stand back and watch this happen. When she ends up in hospital with health problems I'll be kicking myself I didn't say anything because at the end of the day I LOVE THAT KID. I care about her, like she is my own when she is in my care. And under no circumstances do I want my boy going the same way.

If her parents have a problem with it they can bring it up. Its not your place to interfere Lol as im sure you would be pissed if someone interfered with yours.

And the child abuse comment was still way overreacting lol

Static posts, juggling baby, one more thing, Its called -P-MS as in PRE! if i was constantly on my period, i wouldnt get pms, so you can shove it :)

Momma Kat you are laughable, you don't see the point in this thread so why are you commenting on it? You were the one that said blah blah so you can use exact words to attack people. Not once have you contributed to the thread, all you have done is quote and call people out, you need to give your head a shake and grow up, join in or don't bother at all! Immature little girl

Constructive comments only please otherwise the thread shall be locked :flower:

Erm i think you will find i did contribute, go get your reading glasses grandma. people need to keep their noses out of other peoples lives.

Honestly Kat I don't know what's up with you. We were all preggers at the same time, you were in good spirits, entertaining, supportive. We all read through each others pregnancy highs and lows, I remember crying at your birth story (your Mum's account still reigns as the single best birth story ever in my eyes - it was wonderful).

Then the babies came along and we've all supported one another. Yes, not everyone agrees and yes we all parent differently but nobody on here, apart from you, attacks anyone personally. You, like me and countless others are starting out on our mothering journey. This place is a springboard to discuss and support, not knock down.

It's only recently that you've been like this and I don't understand what has changed. If you're having a shit time of it and need some place to vent then do just that but don't attack others because they want to raise their kid a certain way or feel strongly about a certain subject. If you're having a hard time personally (I can imagine moving to the other side of the world could be tough) then shout and there's many of us here to support, listen and comment in a positive way.

I'm not here for a fight, I'm here to learn, support, laugh, and generally try to be the best mum I can be. I stand by my 'child abuse' comment 100%. I stand by the fact that this little girl is a part of my family and if I strongly disagree with something that her grandparents are doing that could have massive implications on her health, then I'm going to speak up.

You're much more intelligent and balanced than this, I know you are. So can we just draw a line underneath it and say 'each to their own', we agree to disagree, and not personally attack one another? I apologise for calling you an argumentative bitch.

I hereby pass over my olive branch. Xxx

Sorry girls, locking this until it is reviewed by admin.

Flaming (continuously) is not permitted on the forum and can result in your account being deactivated for a short period (a break).

Thread is to remain locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back