Foods you wouldn't give to a baby.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Momma Kat if you read the first post I think you will find Mamafy has fully explained WHY this post is here, every single one of us has different ideas and different things we do with our children, it's natural for people to have difference of opinions and we can share our own ways and ideas with eachother, who says we have to agree? We are all mature adults here so I don't see why it would be a problem, people get wires crossed sometimes, I think this is the perfect thing to have so people can say what they give their children and WHY, nobody is going to be judged, be a very boring world if we were all the same.

I give Odhrán jars at least 4/5 times a week, I don't eat fruit or veg so I get peace of mine that he is getting his veg from those.. One of his favorites he has been getting recently is mash and spaghetti mixed up, waffle sausage, he has tried chicken, a plate with chopped up ham, cheese and crackers.. He has had soup a few times, stew. I didn't give him meat until he was 13 months..

He hasn't had fish yet, or strawberries.. He would eat anything! He loves some chocolate buttons :blush: but his favorite are rich tea finger biscuits which he gets as a treat.. Loves fruit pouches, he can take them himself now and he loves it.. Yoghurts..

Ramble ramble :lol: Tbh I haven't ventured too much as I'm not sure what is and isn't recommended.. I will be keeping an eye on this thread for maybe some new ideas :yay: x

Good lord, a mod starts a very useful and informative thread, and still you're not happy?! Like mamafy said, knowledge is power! Until I started using forums, I had no idea that things like strawberries and citrus fruits were common allergens, so I learnt from threads like this to avoid them! We're all grown adults, we all also know yhat we all do things different with our children! This thread isn't an "oh my god I can't believe you feed your child that" thread, it's an "I personally wouldn't feed my child this because..." thread! FFS!

oh i didnt know Strawberrie were an allergen either oops Ellie loves them lol

I do use jars I must admit if im aabout but Ellie doesnt eat alot anyway each meal time is her normal 5oz bottle and maybe 20 spoonfuls (small) so she doesnt get too much but I am loving making her all her blended foods

oh and Ellie has had LOADS of Big Macs lol when I was pregnant was my craving and now I hate them x

I'm surprised Odhrán didn't come out as a sausage, the amount I consumed when I was pregnant would make you sick!

The only food I could eat while having morning sickness was mcdonnalds!!

Add Fizzy drinks to my list, my 5 year old still hasn't tasted them x

I don't see the point in giving a younger child fizzy drinks, there are plenty other drinks that are better suited for them.. Has anyone noticed on ribena cartons that it says not for children under 3? I bought them for my nephew all the time but stopped after I seen it x

Add Fizzy drinks to my list, my 5 year old still hasn't tasted them x

Mia gets them occasionally at the weekends or as treats but to be honest she would rather have water or fresh apple, which I hate x

I hate seeing little ones with dizzy drinks, their poor little teeth x

Although one of mine had a drink of fanta at a friends party and spat it out, he said it tasted like bad orange juice lol x

It's different if they get it as a day to day drink iykwim? A little treat at a party wouldn't do any harm, I doubt I will ever give Odhrán them as he has the risk of having type 1 diabetes passed on from C x

Laceys had coke once and she got so hyper I said never again! She has never tasted tea or coffee but doesn't seem interested in them anyway!
Yesterday I was looking around my new house and the lady showing me round asked if charley wanted some chocolate and I said no so she goes what about a fizzy drink? I kinda did a nervous laugh hoping she was joking!

Mia has had fizzy juice a handful of times and she got an abcess under one of her teeth, one of these things the dentist said, but cause she got put to sleep to get the tooth out they took another 6 out too as they would have fell out soon and I was told that cause she was asleep they wouldnt only take one out, I was only told this when she woke up!!! I was so angry as her teeth were beautiful and even the dentist taking the teeth out said so :( x

Aww no that happened my cousin too! 8 teeth out, felt so sorry for him x

yeah I was gutted an now at 6 she has 5 adult teeth so we really need to get her to look after them. but the school she goes to is great all about healthy eating and healthy teeth xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back