Flu Jab

Merfairy

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just come back from the GP and have had my flu jab I understand pregnant women are quite vulnerable to it. I hadn't been feeling well for a couple of days, but I am now worried that I will have a mc or something due to the Jab? Has anyone else had their flu jab and did they have any effects from it. I was reluctant at first, but as time is going by I had been starting to worry?

i want mine, and the swine flu jab to...................but they not doing them at my docs at mo, my little boy needs his swine flu jab again to

no the baby will be fine as its better then gettin the flu ect the jab covers you and the baby so stop worringgggggggggggg x x xx mwah x

I had my flu jab yesterday through recommendation from my MW. I had flu over Xmas & New Year & was soooo poorly with it. When all you can have is Paracetamol it's not good & the worry it caused over little one whilst I was so ill didn't help. My strain of flu was mild too, so I'd hate to think of what Swine Flu would be like. Little one is still very wriggly 24 hours on & apart from feeling a little sniffly & having an aching/sore arm I'm fine.
It's always a panic having any intervention during pregnancy, but you have to weigh things up & after being so poorly for nearly 3 weeks & only having a mild flu, I didn't want to chance getting anything worse.

Sunnyb x

Had mine on Monday and everything seems to be fine.... still getting fluttering movement and can pick bab up on the doppler...only neg was a sore are for 2 days x

Had mine at 16 weeks and my babys still wiggling away :) your protecting your baby aswell as yourself yah know :)

I had mine on Monday as well and everything is fine with baby. I however was sick and had a terrible headache but that only lasted for a day. I'm sure all will be well.

xx

Mmm thanks for replies, I was worrying!! Not that I do that lol.. it is hard to know whether you are doing the right or wrong thing when it comes to your bump!!

I had at 15 or 16weeks (I get them annually anyway due to my asthma)....all I had was heavy arm feeling for that day. Me & baby are very much still here ;)

I don't regret having it done at all. There was a post a month or so ago about flu jabs & many were against it (fair enough, every1 entitled to their opinions) but my thoughts have always been "how would I feel if I rejected something the medical proffessionals were recommending for the health & safetly of me & my baby & then something happened?" My decision was a easy one to make!

I wonder how many ladies on the thread a month ago have now decided to go & get the jab.

xx

Last edited:
I have been reading some scarey stuff on the combined flu (H1N1) jab and it contains small amounts of mercury apparantly, though it is meant to be a dead virus they don't give you a live one (there not giving you the virus to make your immunity react to it). There is a lot of stuff on the H1N1 vaccine and I am wondering whether I haver done the right thing... god this is awful!! Should I take the research seriously...? The trouble is you can't exactly go back to your doctor and say 'can you remove the H1N1 Vaccine please can you'.. !! Maybe I shouldn't read about it.. mm any thoughts appreciated!! Though I hope not to worry anyone either.. but I didn't read it before.. idiot!!

to be honest to many women put it off thinking it was going to harm there baby because off untrue rummors that they missed there chance off thebetter combined flu jab :/ but the swine flu is safe aswell my nice is nearly one and her mum had it when preggers with her and shes a healthy happy baby :)

its better to have it imo as if you contracted it you and baby could die

I understand the swine flu jab risk; I guess you just don't know whats going in your body, but I have had it now and cannot change it.. it is just one of those things isn't it, do I or don't I!! Thanks for replies x

I had it last Thursday and baby is wiggling around as I type! :)

xxx

just had mine done this morning and I have no doubt it was the best thing to do ! I don't want to have to worry all winter about catching the flu when I'm out ,around people or at hospital...

Okay.. I am worrying to much, thanks all and will stop researching xx

Yep please stop worrying about this and don't research anymore! Alot of the horror stories don't have evidence to say MC was caused by the swine flu jab anyway.
Sorry but this whole swine flu Debate is doing my head in now.
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh also lots of people feel a bit funny after the jab. I got the cold.....whether that was a coincidence or not I don't know.
I think there should be a ban on talking about this now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreeed with pinkymum as its safe to have it!! it dnt even work til two weeks after you have it so people mc the day after has nothing to do with it!!

hey all.. thanks for the responses yesterday; am feeling a bit better about things today, though I am feeling unwell.. to be expected I guess.. hope everyone is ok xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back