flu jab

youngmumtobe20

Reaction score
i normally have a flu jab every year due to my athsma, the one year i didnt i got the flu and was really ill, my peak flow went down by 25% and i was nearly choking to death most nights. obviously i dont wana feel like that agin especially seeing as i will be getting a lot bigger in flu season....my question is, does anyone know if i can have it whilst pregnant? i hope to god i can cos i felt sooo poorly last time :shock:

I would probably say that your GP would suggest you do have the vaccine only because it would do more harm than good if you ended up getting full blown flu while pregnant... But the only problem is, is that vaccines introduce a small amount of the virus into your system to encourage your body to create antibodies against it, and when you are pregnant your immune system is lowered so that your body doesn't see your baby as a foreign object.... So it would be more likely that having the vaccine might cause you to get ill with the flu virus...

It's weighing up the pros and the cons and evaluating which risk is higher...

Your best bet is going to your GP, discuss your options, because he will be more aware of your medical history and which option is the safest in your case.. I'd make an appointment asap... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Agree with Squiglet, although I will add that the little bit of the virus that they inject into you to encourage your body to make anti-bopdies is actually dead. It's very rare that it would cause a reaction to you or baby.

Your GP will know better, but I would guess that they will give you the jab. Hope you don't get it either way, sounds like you had a horrid time :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back