flu jab?

teampc

Reaction score
Hey all, I just wondered if any of you have been approached by your docs to have the flu jab?
My dad and a friend both called me today to ask if I had heard about having it?

Just wondering what the procedure is? do they call you or do I need to call the docs about it

I ended up calling my doctors surgery about it as they hadn't contacted me. I had the jab at the end of September and had no side effects at all.

My midwife recommended that I got it, I work for the NHS so went to one of their open clinics and I had no side effects either. I think you need to contact ur GP to arrange an appointment if u want to get it done :)

I also work for the NHS but I don't have direct contact with patients. We had the opportunity to have the jab at work a few weeks ago. I have never had the jab before but thought that it might be a good idea to have it this year since i'm pregnant. So I consulted the HCP administering the jab for advise. He was unsure if it was recommended and consulted his superior by telephone, who I spoke to directly. She gave me all the information and let me decide for myself.

Basically the department of health advise that the jab is safe during pregnancy but the manufacturer of the drug say that it is not advisable to have the jab during the first trimester. As I was just 7 weeks at the time I decided to wait till second trimester to get the jab.

This is what I was advised... However I don't know if there are different manufacturers of flu jabs and maybe the advise could vary.

Teampc.. I notice you are at a similar stage as me so it might be worth waiting to get the jab or discuss it with your gp.

I also work for the NHS but I don't have direct contact with patients. We had the opportunity to have the jab at work a few weeks ago. I have never had the jab before but thought that it might be a good idea to have it this year since i'm pregnant. So I consulted the HCP administering the jab for advise. He was unsure if it was recommended and consulted his superior by telephone, who I spoke to directly. She gave me all the information and let me decide for myself.

Basically the department of health advise that the jab is safe during pregnancy but the manufacturer of the drug say that it is not advisable to have the jab during the first trimester. As I was just 7 weeks at the time I decided to wait till second trimester to get the jab.

This is what I was advised... However I don't know if there are different manufacturers of flu jabs and maybe the advise could vary.

Teampc.. I notice you are at a similar stage as me so it might be worth waiting to get the jab or discuss it with your gp.

Thanks Zooma

I think I will give the doc a call just to ask what they think.
If its not advisable in tri1 then I will leave it

thanks for your comments everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back