First scan when I am 13+2

baby2012lp

Reaction score
Like some sort of torture I have to wait until the 10th April to have my first scan, it's like they know I am in complete denial until I have the scan, it's my first pregnancy and my first scan is it normal to have it at this stage, I see the majority on here have had earlier scans but I am guessing it is because you have had problems in the past conceiving and loss :(

Should I relax and go with the flow, or should I demand I am seen sooner?

another 2 weeks to me will fly by and we have a lovely Easter break to take my impatient mind off things.

In fact according to my ticker my scan will be on the 2nd day of Tri 2, is this normal?

Last edited:
Sorry I'm hijacking from Tri2!

I wouldn't worry too much, it might be because the hospital is rammed with scan appointments.

I'm due my 20 week scan on 4th May, 2 days after my birthday so I tried to change it to my birthday and they expained they're telling all ladies to try and stick to their times unless its urgent.

You may not be 13 weeks when you have your scan as the first one is a dating scan, so you may even be like 11 or 12 weeks when you have it. I was 13 weeks when I had my scan, but they dated me at 12 + 1.

Don't panic! :)

depending on where abouts you are hun, yes it's normal. We had to have our fast scan at 6/7 weeks with Doodles cos I collapsed but the first "proper" scan was about 13weeks. I think it just depends when they can fit you in after 12weeks x

Ahh but if you end up over you might miss the nuchal scan cut off at 13+6...

I'd ask for earlier! :)

Xx

Thanks ladies, I think I will stick to the date given, I will feel a little deflated (I wish) if I am less than I think I am along.

I am in the exact same situation as you. My scan is on 11 April and i'll be 13 +2 then. I have asked to bring it forward but they said it's not possible as it's well within the set timescale (between 11 and 14 weeks). It's rubbish having to wait so long :( I can't wait to see my little one!!!! I'm just trying to plan as much stuff in between so the time goes faster xxx

I felt well deflated when I got told I was 5 days earlier than I thought, but I can assure you it soon flies by when you stop thinking about it..

I know its hard not to ;)

Aww hun I was in the same boat I had to wait until 13+3 for mine and it was total torture! I was so upset when I first got the letter as its just putting you through the worry for a bit longer isn't it!

The only consolation I can give you is your scan will be really clear as baby will be so much more developed in another 2 weeks... I have compared my pic with a friend who had hers at 11+4 and its amazing how much difference in baba's growth and development :)

Defo bear in mind what maybebaby says about the nuchal scan though... I got put forward to 14 weeks at my scan instead of 13+3 (and I would have said I was 99 percent sure of my dates so was really surprised!) Luckily I didn't want the nuchal test anyway but I would have been really upset if I had wanted it as it would have been too late by then. If there's any chance at all that you might want the test I would ask for an earlier scan and tell them why xxx

I am going to say if you are sure you want the nuchal test (I do) then call and see if you can get the scan put forward by at least a few days.

Lots of women get put back but some do get put forward as well - even those that are 99% sure of when they ovulated can find themselves dates days more or less than they thought!!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I agree with Carnat - give them a call to see if they can bring it forward, they can only say no. Wish I had dont that! Although I had my nuchal scan at 13+1 and they were still able to get the measurement they needed.
xx

I had my dating scan at 13+1 and all the measurements were fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back