First/private scans

clarebear22

Reaction score
Has any one paid to get early pregnancy scan???

I am only 4 Weeks 2 days and don't think can wait till 12 weeks

I am from Glasgow / east Kilbride area.

When's the best time to get scan to hear heartbeat zxx

It's my first pregnancy that's why so worried and impatient..

Cx

We've had two early scans one on NHS (due to my history of miscarraige) at 7 weeks and one privately at almost 10 weeks.

I would def recommend it is you can afford it.

You won't normally see a HB until around 6w 2d, so I waited until I was just over 7 weeks so if my dates were a few days out I woudl still see it.

Scan at almost 10 weeks was private and amazing, best thing I have ever seen!

Google will tell you your nearest place that can scan you!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I used a Baby Bond clinic in Edinburgh and they will let you come along anytime from 7 weeks onwards. I went at 8wks and saw baby really clearly. Baby Bond have clinics all over the uk so worth checking if they're in Glasgow too, my scan cost £99 but was so worth it, just lovely to see baby and know that all was well. xxx

I used a BabyBond too (In London) and it was £99 but you got to see so much! It was well worth every penny!

Also they let us listen to HB, twice :lol:

xxxxxxxxxx

think thats what going to do.

got midwife appt tomoz but only 4 weeks and 2 days so probs just be giving me advice.

whens the best time to tell people ? really want to tell my mum but me and hubby agreed to wait until see scan ???xx

Thats totally your choice hun. We told my inlaws after our early scan and slowly told close friends and family as time went on but didn't really announce it to everyone until after my 13 week scan. Completely personal choice! xx

We told immediate family when I was 9 weeks, but we'll tell most other people on Monday after 12 week scan

xxxxxxxx

think will need to wait till 12 weeks are up and had scans,

trying not to get excited if honest just incase really scared something goes wrong xxx

I'm 6 weeks Monday and about concerned as I am getting brown discharge so the said I can have a scan on Monday. I'm near Glasgow x

hope everthing is ok for you,

I just have cramps on and off and everytime go to toilet expect to see blood just expecting the worst xx

clarebear22 im 5w1d pregnant and i am so impatient im trying to get the £99 pounds together for the 7-11 week scan to go to babybond park circus in Glasgow, went there for a gender scan at 34 weeks with my son and would like to go again xxx

I had mine on a saturday. Babybond has a website where you can check the availability of slots yourself.

theres a new baby scan clinic in dalziel street, motherwell, apparently its the first and only one in Lanarkshire. It is run by a consultant obstetrician gynaecologist which is reassuring and it offers early vialbility/reassurance scans from 6 weeks for £75. Its also open during the week, weekends and evenings. tel no is 0800 999 5123 and its called Antenatal Babyscan Clinic (ABC4D)

i have my 7w private early scan at babybond bristol on tuesday. it cost £99 but i need reassurance after having 2 mmc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back