First scan nerves....

newbie1984

Reaction score
I have my first scan on Wednesday and am absolutely petrified :( with everything that's happened here over the last week or so I think I have managed to convince myself that something is wrong :( the fact I've had no symptoms at all which doesn't help.... Is it normal to feel like this? X

*hugs* I think it is normal with how I felt and what I've read. Now I've seen my babies heartbeat I'm thrilled to bits and know everything is okay. Looking forward to 12 week scan now.

Just try to relax and as soon as you see baby you'll forget everything and just cry :)

I felt the same when I went for my first scan! I hadn't had many symptoms really. I haven't been sick once, although if I don't eat like every 2 hours I do feel a little nauseous! My boobs feel tender, and that was about all really...
When i was waiting with my OH for the scan, all I kept thinking about was "please let there be a HB!!" and "what if I'm not actually pregnant (despite a BFP!!)"
I think it's normal for all mums to be to panic about their scan, and as soon as you see it on screen for the first time, you'll keep looking at the pic over and over again!
Good luck for your scan xx

Newbie - this was me last week!!!! You will be ok! I just know it xxx

I hope so!!! I feel like doing another digi to make sure it's still pos! I dunno I just don't feel any different. Roll on Wednesday! Xx

I felt exactly like this at my first scan too! I had quite bad morning sickness up until a week before my first scan which was an early one at 10 weeks. I was convinced that they would put the picture up and there would be no baby there. I think it is completely natural to feel this way and if you haven't had any symptoms it's even more understandable!

Just try not to worry about it, I'm sure everything will be fine and on Wednesday you will have a lovely picture of your little baby to reassure you :) x

I hated to admit it, even to my Mum who was with me, but I was actually shocked when they found blob on the Scan, I had myself convinced there would be nothing. I think we all get a little (or a lot) scared on our first Scans, if we have symptoms or not....you'll be fine xx

I'm about to have scan number 5 on Thursday and I can assure you it's normal to feel like that...I still do! Nothing anyone says will make you relax so I won't try! Just be assured that I had no symptoms either really apart from hellish pain from a cyst. Think we worry all the way through the pregnancy in preparation for the real worry when they arrive.

Good luck xx

Good luck with ure scan. I am hoping to have an early scan cos I'm so worried something is wrong, I also don't feel pregnant despite bfp! I am dreading my 1st scan incase there is no HB so I totally sympathise with u.

I'm sure everything will be fine & ull see a really strong HB.

Xx

Good luck! I know I'm petrified to get my first scan as I've only just found out and this is my first, but I think worrying is just a natural part of it all. It doesn't help reading about peoples losses on here (not that they shouldn't post about it) but it does make me panic!

I wish you all the best, am sure it will be fine :)

I felt like that and will at the next, just try to relax and enjoy it and when you come out you can be happy for a while knowing baby is healthy
Hugs

Thanks all. Scan is at 2.40pm tomorrow so fingers crossed for a healthy bubba!!!! I shall update you all tomorrow afternoon xxx

It will be fine lovely! Just make sure you post your scan piccy on here!

I just checked my letter and it doesn't mention anything about drinking fluids before. I was pretty sure I needed to drink 1.5 litres of clear fluid before the scan? Does anyone know? X

You just need a full badder! The fuller it is - the clearer the scan will be!!! x

good luck with your scan, i feel the same now and mine is next wednesday :) I cant tell you to relax and all that but i know it wont make difference as it is perfectly normal, I keep imagining that im gonna go and there wont be a baby in there lol

Last edited:
good luck with your scan, i feel the same now and mine is next wednesday :) I cant tell you to relax and all that but i know it wont make difference as it is perfectly normal, I keep imagining that im gonna go and there wont be a baby in there lol

That's exactly how I feel, especially after reading about the babies that stopped growing at 6wks :( I'm just petrified the same will happen to me but it sounds like everybody is having the same concerns! Massive fx for tomorrow! Eeeeek! 28 hours to go lol xxx

All of your nerves are perfectly understandable and normal - I don't think there would be one person on here that didn't worry themselves silly. I know it's easier said than done but please try to relax as much as possible. Good luck for tomorrow :)

Last edited:

That's exactly how I feel, especially after reading about the babies that stopped growing at 6wks :( I'm just petrified the same will happen to me but it sounds like everybody is having the same concerns! Massive fx for tomorrow! Eeeeek! 28 hours to go lol xxx

Yeah snap, I got a scan at 7+6 but obviously anything can happen any time, and i think its natural to fear what you dont know if that makes sense! if you had a camera watching at all times you'd maybe feel relieved but really we dont have a clue whats going on in there.

Depends on the scan. I had an internal so empty bladder for me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back