Scan nerves

Joo

Reaction score
My scan is on Wednesday, and I'm getting increasingly nervous. I'll be 13 weeks, I'm not showing at all, when the midwife tried to find heartbeat at 11 wks she couldn't find anything, (she said that wasn't unusual, but it's still freaking me out). I haven't had any stretching pains in weeks, but don't know if I'm supposed to have them all the time. All added up, I am petrified something has gone wrong. I can't talk to anyone as only OH knows, and he's not a worrier like me.
I really wish I could just talk to my mum about this, but the last thing she needs right now is to worry about me.
Sorry for spilling that out. Maybe if it's written down I'll stop freaking out about it. :(
I keep praying for a little stretching twinge or a flutter or something. Anything.

there will be plenty of experienced support coming from here hun. I'm only a few weeks but your worries sound totally normal. In other threads on here many of the girls say that symptoms are really variable between people but can disappear after a few weeks. Only a couple more days to go and you will see it all and hopefully it will be wonderful news! I'm sure the wait it horrible, I'm sure I'll be the same. MS is a pain but must be reassuring in some ways. big hugs and stay positive, I'm sure your mum will understand your worries, she's been there too remember! xx

It's a really exciting but apprehensive part of pregnancy :hug: I'm a week behind you and not showing either. Maybe if your baby's not that active yet it would mean less stretching pains? I had my scan last week and baby was just fast asleep but had grown so it can really help to put your mind at rest. My midwife said 11 weeks is borderline for the Doppler. After 14 weeks is best to hear the heartbeat :hug: xx

try not to worry too much, I know its easier said than done! my symptons pretty much went at 9 weeks and the 3 week wait till my scan was hell. Most midwives don't even try and check for a heartbeat till 16 weeks as the baby is still down below the pubic bone so don't worry about her not being able to find it either. how sure are you of your dates? if you're out then its even less likely for her to be able to find it.
Just try and chill or keep yourself distracted until Weds and then you'll know for sure :)

Thanks dyscochick, I'm just really scared now. My dad died a few weeks before I got pregnant, so we've all been through the wringer this year, which is why I didn't want to tell mum until after first scan. I don't think she could cope with the loss if anything went wrong. Also baby is due at Christmas, which is going to be awful this year without dad, especially as he was diagnosed late December. :( I've been finding it so hard knowing dad will never meet his grandchild, or that my baby will never have a grandad.
A much wanted baby on the way would give everyone something to look forward to, as well as a reason to go on. I think I'll fall apart if anything goes wrong.

Thanks Hemera, Princess. I think I've been bottling a lot of stuff up and it's good to know I'm not the only one getting nervous and with rubbish lavk of symptoms. The midwife said 11weeks was borderline, and that I shouldn't be worried if she couldn't hear baby, but easier said than done. Tried not to worry but since then have been on pins. I really should try and calm down. :(

Oh bless you I can totally see how this is going to be such a difficult time, I'm sure this will bring something good out of a bad year. Loosing your Dad must have been incredibly hard for you and your mum. Deep breaths, a few days to go and you'll have some wonderful news. I'll be waiting to here how you get on and thinking of you in between. I wish I could offer some more constructive message but having been on here for a couple of weeks now your position, nerves and lack of symptoms sound so like many of the others who have then had lovely scans with good news. Fingers crossed for you honey xxx

I'm pretty sure of the dates, going off LMP, and I knew I was pg a week before testing as my bbs suddenly started aching and jumped up a cup size! I know there's always room movement though. :)

Thanks again dyscochick. Really nice to have someone to talk to about all this. Believe me, if all goes well, I'll be straight in the car to my mum with scan photos in hand, though will have to break news gently - they always wanted grandchildren but imagined they would be together for it.
X

I'm so glad I found this forum, there is always support here. thinking of you xx

Joo completely no where your coming from I've been a bag of nerves this last week, I just irrationally think something has gone wrong as my symptoms seem to have vanished and also don't feel so big any more! Got my scan on Tuesday and part of me is just dreading it! Spent an hour yesterday just sobbing! But from what I've read and been told it's normal for symptoms to stop at this time, try and stay positive hunny, im sure your dad is looking down and is so proud of you! Will be thinking of you on Wednesday Xx

Thanks NatC, will be thinking of you for your scan on Tuesday too. It's just typical that symptoms ease off at the point you'd be most reassured by them! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back