Fire and earthquake :-o

debecca

Reaction score
Well, yesterday was exciting.

First of all, I could smell burning at about 6pm so, convinced it would be me having done something silly, I checked the house and all was well. 10 minutes later 3 fire engines arrived with lights flashing outside the castle - seems the main part of the structure had a fire :shock:

THEN I finally managed to get the car out past the engines to go and collect my husband, got home and the new cat Ella has vanished :cry: we really couldn't understand it as the cat flap is currently locked for going out, until I realised I'd done loads of washing yesterday and opened the window a crack to aid ventilation of the tumbly :wall:

She must have climbed out of the window! 2 hours of searching later she was nowhere in sight, so we left the window open and went to bed.

Just before 1am there was a massive bang, the entire room shook and my husband was so scared he grabbed hold of me :lol: - I was convinced it was our other cat headbutting the living room door for some reason. Anyway had my nighttime wee and thought no more of it - but discovered Ella was back IN DA HOUSE! Yay! She'd come back in through the window; clever girl!!! :cheer:

Anyway woke up this morning to find there had actually been an earthquake, so it's been like SIM City up here of late.

I heard there was an earthquake on the radio this morning. LOL @ sim city, got an image in my head of the green monster stomping around your castle :rotfl:
I'm glad Ella was ok

We felt the earth move last night too!

Debbie was more alert than me. I was half asleep but was aware of the room shaking the furniture so that all our lamps and such were knocking and rattling.

I was convinced it was our dog having a good scratch in his bed which he does quite often and knocks our bed and my bedside cabinet.

I read about the earthquake just now, where i am people felt it apparently... I didn't. Even though i was awake. Am glad really.

Glad Ella is back (clever cat)
and glad the caste is still ok.

P.S You live in a castle!!!

That was freaky last night. I was convinced it was some weird start to labour or someone having a fit in the room LOL

i woke up cos i heard something bang, i thought the cat had knocked something over, but she was next to me looking as surprised as i was ....(so much for animals sixth sense!) but the caravan had been rocking and banging in the wind anyway so i didnt think anything of it

OH didnt even wake up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back