Scary start to the day

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Well today hasn't been the best start, but all is OK now.

I put some toast on and went upstairs and a couple of minutes later, the smoke alarm went off.

I casually stood up and then realised the whole damn house was full of smoke and the toaster was on fire!

I literally sprinted down the stairs which was probably a bad choice and eventually found the back door keys and managed to evict the toaster into the back garden and its now smoking on the lawn. Of course I couldn't find the sodding keys and I was really shitting myself (so was the cat)

The dH reckons I did the wrong thing, but the main thing on my mind was the thought of the whole house on fire with just days to go until my due date. So I decided to throw the toaster out instead.

I cried for a while and now I am ok, but I now keep thinking of what could have happened if I had fallen down the stairs or if the baby was already here and how I would have got us both out. I keep freaking myself out with what-ifs, so I've just had a huge lump of cake and a very sweet tea.

Hopefully the day will get better from now on. :roll:

awww honey i know it seems bad now but nothing did happen bad and you are ok and so is bump!

In a few days you'll look back a laugh. :D

Glad you and baby ok, not so sure the same can be said about the toaster though, LOL! :shock: :lol:

Let the toaster sit and smoke who cares hun! It was a dumb toaster anyway if it caught fire!

Thanks Kelly

You're right. The toaster does look a little bit sorry for itself :lol:

I've actually managed to break out in a little giggle now.

Thanks for your support.

Aww Sarah how horrendous that must of been for you. Your blood pressure must of went through the roof. Honey, try and relax and have a good cry, it makes you feel better. Sending big hugs your way.

Karrina xx

P.S 1 week tomorrow!!!! Doubtful tho! :wink:

Hey hun!

Kelly is right, at least you and bump are ok, and the stupid toaster deserved to be thrown outside!

I think I would have had the same reaction as you, so don't worry :D

xxx

I'd be tempted to leave the toaster exactly where it is until after the birth (if your OH is anything like mine he won't move it) then attack it with a huge lump hammer when it's least expecting it :wink: :D

Tracy xx

I think you did the right thing with the toaster, the fire brigade advise you never to put water over an electrical appliance, either put a damp towel over or gid rid if you can.

Given that toast is about all I can eat just now I would have been pretty emotional too.

Hope your day improves honey

Laura.

Amazing how these things affect us. On the afternoon prior to going in labour, I nearly caused a fatal accident in which I would have died!!! I was totally freaked out, as I regard myself as an overly causious driver. Whether you did the right thing or not, you, the cat and your house is still ok. It makes us doubley causious the next time.
Hope your feeling better.
Emilia xx

The toaster deserved to die!

Death to the suicidal toaster!

:lol:

Yea I think when u buy a new toaster you should display it to the old one just to rub its arsonistic little nose in it!!!!!!!!

awwww hun i am sorry sorry that sounds like it could have been really scary i would have throwen it out of anywhere i could find lol

You have all made me really laugh about it now.

Thanks for all your funny comments. You have really helped me to see the funny side.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back