Finley Walker~Partridge 17th Jan 2007

mermaid

Reaction score
Finley Walker~Partridge - born 3 weeks early on 17th January 2007 at 6:23am weighing 5lb 10oz.

Well here is my beautiful birth story ladies.

I woke up at around 2:30am on Wednesday morning with tightenings and period like pains which came every 7 minutes or so. I thought nothing of it until an hour later they were coming much faster and getting very painful. I knew something was happening and then the 'bloody' show confirmed that this was it. I woke my partner and then rang the midwife as the contractions were now every 3 minutes. She said have a cuppa and come when you are ready, it's unlikely that it is labour with it being your first baby! I knew I couldn't bear it much more and had to go in to the maternity unit. When I arrived the midwife examined me and said that I was already 6-7cms dilated and would be having my baby in the next hour or so. The only thing keeping baby in now was my waters, so the midwife broke them. It was so surreal and happening fast! I had come so far without even a paracetamol. I refused any pain relief as I was determined I could do this drug free. And I did. At 6:23am my beautiful baby son Finley was born onto my chest in a lovely peaceful environment with just myself, my partner and the midwife. It was just what I had hoped for and more!

As Finley was small and I was going to breastfeed, the midwives suggested staying in for a day to establish the feeding and to keep him warm, so I did and enjoyed the relaxation time with my boy.

We came home yesterday afternoon which was so emotional as it all happened very fast. I was only sat bouncing on my ball and enjoying the last few weeks of the 3rd tri hours ago. I miss pregnancy already and counting the days as they pass. It has been the most wonderful experience of my life and I will do it all over again. I am so proud and love my little son so much.

I'd like to wish you all a birth like I had, it was truly amazing. Thanks for your support and I look forward to reading more birth stories!

Awwwwww what a little sweetheart! Such an amazing birth story to, well done :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Congratulations :cheer: He's gorgeous.......so glad you had a positive experience......I'm praying for a labour just like yours :pray:

Welcome Finley :cheer:

Awww congratulations. Your story bought a tear to my eye.

Finley is gorgeous :D

CONGRATULATIONS hun

Your birth story had me in tears lol :rotfl: .

Hes soooooooooooo cute :)

ahhhhhhhhhhh! hes absolutely gorgeous mermaid, a truly scrummy little man bless :hug: xxxx

oh mermaid what a beautiful little baby boy you have there ... many congratulations...........

and well done with the labour ....... sounds wonderful... hope mine is as quick and easy

:hug: :hug:

gosh he looks so small in that moses basket :shock: congratulations on the birth, i cant believe we were only on about who would win the race the other day, and you go and drop :rotfl:

and you picked the best name :wink:

Awww what a great birth you had, well done and congratulations :clap:

Awww many congratulations!

He's a real cutie and your story gives us all hope! :D

awwcongratulations! he is a cutie!

well done with the labour - it sounds like it couldn't have gone better :hug:

congrats on your baby and well done for not having any pain relief :hug:

Oh congratulations, your birth story is so similar to mine, length of time, weights etc.

All the best

He is gorgeous Mermaid and I salute you doing it without pain relief!

Sounds like you had the perfect, textbook labour :cheer:

Congratulations - sounds like a wonderful experience. My labour/childbirth sounds more or less the same as yours - except my little man was 8lb 6oz - 3 weeks early! Enjoy every minute with your precious little angel.

Congratulations :D i defently want a labour like yours lol

hes so cute and small :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back